PAGES: 35 1 2 3 4 5
TheShadowlord
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 7, 2010 6:24 AM
The Monster of Peladon - not the best DW, but I do like D3.

Planet of the Spiders - the last D3 story. Introduces yet another Time Lord, in the guise of a cool Tibetan monk.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337466 - This was a reply to message #337460
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 8, 2010 11:27 AM
Just watched "2001: A Space Odyssey" for, believe it or not, the first time. I'm -pretty- sure I liked it. Think that one will require multiple viewings to form an actual opinion. My current sort-of opinion can be classified mostly as, "Bwuh?"
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #337474 - This was a reply to message #337466
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 8, 2010 1:23 PM
QUOTED  believe it or not, the first time.

?!

And WHY have you never mentioned this, so I could force you to watch it?!

Just watched The Demolition Man. This is one of those movies that is in it's own category of bad-yet-good. On the fine line between awesome and terrible, it's doing the conga while spouting out one-liners. One one hand, an entertaining concept, Wesley Snips being surprisingly amusing, and young Denis Leary already starting out with his tirades. On the other hand, Sylvester Stallone. 'Nuff said.

I still wonder about the seashells, though...
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #337475 - This was a reply to message #337474
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Thursday July 8, 2010 2:30 PM
QUOTED  I still wonder about the seashells, though...

Everyone who watches that movie wonders what the seashells are for.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #337478 - This was a reply to message #337475
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Monday July 12, 2010 4:14 PM
QUOTED  In the Name of the Father.
A movie about some Northern Ireland stoners blamed and purposly scapegoated for a IRA bombing they didn't commit.

For some reason this got my previously-thought-nonexistent Republican bone twitching. Even though it was a quite powerful film (if you know the background, especially) and has some fantastic acting the thing I most clearly remember is coming out of the cinema and saying 'two and a half hours' in a Northern accent about a million times. Tuy aahnd a hawf arrrrrrrs. Shudder.

QUOTED  "2001: A Space Odyssey" for, believe it or not, the first time.... My current sort-of opinion can be classified mostly as, "Bwuh?"

MY reaction at that revelation can be classified mostly as bwuh! I am incredulous. Incredulous! How did you know to scream at 'Hello Dave' in Independance Day?!

As part of a wedding present for my friend I bought her a thing that projects a huge star map on the ceiling just so we can stare at it and breath 'my God, it's full of stars...'. 2001 (along with Demonseed) is largely responsible for my technofear. I'm just... aghast, lol.

Currently working my way methodically through 30 Rock, as I've only seen it sporadically. Could not love Alec Baldwin more.

Also rewatching True Blood season 2. Just because.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #337516 - This was a reply to message #337460
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Thursday July 15, 2010 2:18 AM
DW - The Ribos operation.

having seen a number of D4's episodes now, I'm rather startled to learn 1 thing. He is not indupitably the best Doctor. I may very well still think he is the best, but I have a real soft spot for Pertwee's 3rd.
The Doctor is also far more violent and ready to kill than I remember. Sure, desperation is a great factor there, but even so. Anyway, Leela left (which is a shame - she was easy on the eyes and it was so refreshing to have a companion who's solution to things was to stab them with a knife), but now we have Romana (1st gen, played by Mary Tamm). It's nice to have a companion who is nearly as brilliant as the Doctor, but just a little less experienced. The early Doctors really got the best companions. Romana, they got kind of boring or genuinely bad until Ace, and after her we got Rose.
Blech.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337531 - This was a reply to message #337516
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 15, 2010 11:55 AM
QUOTED  How did you know to scream at 'Hello Dave' in Independance Day?!

Well, even without seeing the movie, I'm sure most everyone in the world is aware of HAL's "Dave" lines.

And to continue the incredulity, going to be starting "Firefly" (which I've also not seen) very soon. It can't -possibly- live up the expectations created by all the people that have gone on and on about it to me, but I'm still expecting good things.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #337532 - This was a reply to message #337516
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Friday July 16, 2010 4:01 AM
QUOTED  going to be starting "Firefly" (which I've also not seen) very soon. It can't -possibly- live up the expectations created by all the people that have gone on and on about it to me, but I'm still expecting good things.

I was actually distinctly underwhelmed when I first watched it- because people had gone on and on and on about how brilliant it was, and how terribly funny-in-a-Buffy-way. With hindsight and subsequent watchings I appreciate it more now but the expectations going in hampered me so be wary. I was kind of expecting a laugh-a-minute goof-fest so was thrown by the darkness (same as when watching Little Miss Sunshine, lol).
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #337545 - This was a reply to message #337532
Zayzie

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 10

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 16, 2010 9:50 AM
Yeah, Firefly's humor is kind of like a hidden gem. If you can look past all the sadistic humor and dark setting, there's something funny to look at all the time. You have to get use to it and adapt to it to think it's funny. It's more like Deadwood meets the crew of Alien(?) maybe Cowboy Bebop is a better example, but meh.

I'm watching Dreamcatcher at the moment. Never watched it because no one ever recommended it to me or talked to me about it. I just jumped into the middle of it and it's definitely not what I expected. I was thinking this would be something more slow-paced, less creepy, and not as much Freeman. I'll probably go back and re-watch this.
----"I play*plot*scheme ::::horror::suspense::psychological::thriller::characters::supernatural:::: and I want to help others improve"--- I'm a sponsor
 Message #337547 - This was a reply to message #337545
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Friday July 16, 2010 8:31 PM
The end of Dreamcather is a total rape and mockery of the book. It completely sucks, just like the ending of The Mist, which is also a rape of an ending.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #337552 - This was a reply to message #337547

Listing 11 to 20 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 1 2 3 4 5