PAGES: 35 1 2 3 4 5
TheShadowlord
What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday June 27, 2010 8:32 AM
Time for a new thread. DVD players, PCs, Macs, plain ol' TV, and odder format; all are welcome here.

"Planet of the Daleks" a companion story to the preceding "Frontier in space".
Not the best of the 3rd Doctor's stories, and Pertwee himself was rather critical of the Daleks in general, I believe. But Jo Grant is a wonderful companion, and I think SJS had a tough act to follow. And I', beginning to think that 3D reversed more polarities than Scotty and Geordie combined.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337415
DarkDalamar20
RE: What's on your AV player? IV

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Sunday June 27, 2010 8:04 PM
The Road - based on the book by Cormac McCarthy of the same name. Book was very dark and depressing. The movie, is probably one of the most bleak and depressing movies that I have seen in a long time.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #337420 - This was a reply to message #337415
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday June 27, 2010 8:51 PM
Caught Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train on TV. Wanted to see this one for a while, so far quite good.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #337421 - This was a reply to message #337420
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Sunday June 27, 2010 9:18 PM
Watched Edward Scissorhands then followed it up with Big Fish.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #337422 - This was a reply to message #337421
DarkDalamar20

MP: 6,311

Monday June 28, 2010 8:50 PM
QUOTED  Big Fish.

One of the few movies that can make me choke up at the ending no matter how many times I watch it.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #337428 - This was a reply to message #337422
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Tuesday June 29, 2010 8:57 AM
I know, it's such a good movie.

Last night I changed pace, and this will make Lich very happy. I managed to find Dead Snow on IFC free movie thing via my cable provider. Loved the head getting knocked off the zombie, and then kicked into the nearby forest.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #337430 - This was a reply to message #337428
TheShadowlord

MP: 7,202

Tuesday June 29, 2010 2:42 PM
Hey, I'm just as glad as Lichy. It's great to see Norway is finally managing to make fun movies.
Next up "Kommadør Treholt og ninjatroppen" Commander Treholt and the Ninja Force.
Based on a book of "ninja" techniques supposedly written by traitor Arne Treholt (sold Norwegian secrets to the Soviets and Iraq).
The book is kinda like the Zombie Survival Handbook, or whatever it's called.

Recently watched DW - The Green Death.
I remember the novelization scaring the crap out of me when I was younger. One of the better of the 3Ds adventures.

DW - The Time Warrior
After Jo Grant runs off with her new love in Green Death, enter Sarah Jane Smith.
Yay! I'm not sure I like SJS better than Jo, but for some reason SJS is one of the most popular of the Doctor's companions. and I'll admit a big nerdgasm when I saw her in Tennant's first season.

DW- Death to the Daleks
Kind of disappoimnting, really. It seems as though Terry Nation, once he created the Daleks, couldn't write a DW story without them. Here they are almost negligable. Though the ancient city and the bleak landscape bore welcome reminders of William hope Hodgeson's excellent "The Night Land"

Dreams in the Witch House.
Another Lovecraftian adaptation. Made on a budget, with the tits and ass that seem obligatory low-budget horror flicks. Despite being modernized, it was fairly true to the story. They dropped a few bits (since Lovecraft is not entirely filmable), and threw made it hint more at God/Satan than actual Lovecraftian cosmic horror.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #337434 - This was a reply to message #337430
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 29, 2010 11:40 PM
Just watched Alpha Dog.

First, not nearly enough Ben Foster, who I've quickly become a fan of. Second, there's really not a single truly likable character to be had. Third, Justin Timberlake's performance in the final act of the movie is unexpectedly good. A pretty accurate portrayal of worthless examples of humanity getting caught up in their own excess and then fucking up majorly.

Despite my couple of complaints, I liked it.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #337436 - This was a reply to message #337434
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 1, 2010 12:21 PM
QUOTED  Last night I changed pace, and this will make Lich very happy. I managed to find Dead Snow on IFC free movie thing via my cable provider. Loved the head getting knocked off the zombie, and then kicked into the nearby forest.

I liked the intestinal bungee jump myself. But those Nazi zombies were scary, as normal zombies freeze solid in the snow, but not these fuckers!

QUOTED  The book is kinda like the Zombie Survival Handbook, or whatever it's called.

According to a friend, the Zombie Survival Guide reads exactly like various surivival books issued/read by Marines. And that is part of its charm.

Me:
In the Name of the Father.
A movie about some Northern Ireland stoners blamed and purposly scapegoated for a IRA bombing they didn't commit.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #337437 - This was a reply to message #337430
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

Tuesday July 6, 2010 12:28 PM
Just watched Training Day. Every time I see this one, I'm reminded of what a great movie it is - so much room for it to have been fucked up and turned into a dull action movie.
Any different actors and I doubt it would have worked, Denzel Washington giving enough charisma to make the dirty cop into an interesting and disturbingly likeable character, while Ethan Hawke gave the "good guy" enough of an edge to avoid being a boring cliche.

Great stuff.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #337460 - This was a reply to message #337437

Listing 1 to 10 of 345 Replies

PAGES: 35 1 2 3 4 5