Music to Conspire by...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Music to Conspire by...

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
Silveran
Music to Conspire by...

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
In the past, people have used music to inspire them into certain modes of thought, certian actions, or emotions. Today, this is unchanged. However, there is a marked addition to our musical genres. Today, we have more music which was either inspired to be creepy, inspired by the creepy, or making fun of the creepy.

Inspired to be Creepy

This part of the Conspiracy music set is actually the oldest of the musical forms according to some scholars. Historians beleive the early religious leaders may have used creepy music to frighten or effect the worshippers. In the Classical and post-Classical periods, we find a small influx of these Songs from the Crypt. Night on Bald Mountain, Die Erlkoing, Hall of the Mountain King, Dance Macbre, Witches Sabbat. All of these masterworks were designed to be creepy...

Today, we see an influx in creepy music, Goth and Dark rock, death metal, and even dark folk are out there to send a shiver down your spine.

Inspired by the Creepy

In the Classical Period and later, many of the musical works inspired to be creepy were also inspired BY the creepy. Today, we see the same trend, with one specific album of special consideration.

In March of 1996, a new compilation album came out.... executively produced by an unusual source. Chris Carter had released an album. "Songs in the Key of X: Music Inspired by the X-files" was a first. Never before had someone put together a compilation CD inspired by a single show... but, the X-files was never anything normal. Bringing together artists as varied as R.E.M. with William S. Burroughs (Star Kitten), to Sherryl Crow (On the Outside), to Nick Cave (Red Right Hand), to an cross-time collision of Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie {Hands of Death, (Burn Baby Burn)}, this album was a gem to both the X-phile, and the modern consipirator.

Making fun of the Creepy

Humour is a commonly used method of defeating our fears. And sometimes we do it just to be funny.

In the songs "Illuminati Polka" and "Trans(ylvania) Poly U Fight" song, Tom Smith pokes fun at both the conspiracy nuts, and the creepy villians of movies, books, and theater.

Which of the three do you perfer? Can you suggest more songs for your fellow members?
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #286369
marrs729
RE: Music to Conspire by...

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,280

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 28, 2006 2:07 AM
I'm not sure if I reading you correctly but well. . .

I would have to choose Inspired to be Creepy. One of my latest obsessions happends to be Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses and it is definitely and little creepy.

If you are of the unknowing go here:
http://www.headlesshorses.co.uk
Answer me anything and I'll question you truthfully.
 Message #292084 - This was a reply to message #286369
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Saturday September 16, 2006 9:56 AM
In a world of Cinema, and video games, I must stick with inspired to be creepy. WIthout it i wouldn't get those tingly, Oh my F%$*ing God feelings when playing something like Silent hill or watching Saw. Music is sorta like vizualization of emotions, and even without the picture the music puts you in the mood.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #302321 - This was a reply to message #292084
JawHun

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 173

Monday September 18, 2006 10:32 AM
I'm definitely for Inspired by the Creepy. One of my favorite songs is Radiohead's "Climbing up the walls," which I believe was inspired by a serial killer. Or is written from the perspective of one, at least. Either way, the first time I heard it I had chills.

Or, for Inspired to be Creepy, Todd Rundgren's "Lockjaw" off of his a cappella album. It gave me nightmares as a child.
 Message #302491 - This was a reply to message #286369
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 12, 2007 9:55 AM
Inspired by the Creepy

One of the Creepist I've experience was King Diamond's conceptual album Abigail, the ghost of a stillborn bastard girl. The opening, Funeral literally sent a chill up my spine.

[[Edited by Lich_Nexus on Saturday May 12, 2007 9:56 AM]]
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #314470 - This was a reply to message #302491

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1