Discussions in Mythology, Legends & Folk Lore
Moderated By Administrator

Forums
Science, History and the Unknown
Mythology, Legends & Folk Lore
Mythical Creatures: What do you believe?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Mythical Creatures: What do you believe?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
anbuanimagus
RE: Mythical Creatures: What do you believe?

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 49

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 7, 2009 1:13 AM
QUOTED  So, they aren't really mythical because they were in the Bible

I, for one, am not Christian, and do believe that these beings have existed and still do. You may call me crazy, naive, or a person so in love with fantasy that I need these things to be real, but I don't believe in the holywood crapola like the Kraken and King Kong. Such beasts might have existed but not the human killers they were made to be. Since people fear what they do not understand, like in the case of the Salem Witch Trials, these creatures have learned to hide, and hide well.

QUOTED  Dragons had different branches that lived in different areas, like any other animal.

I agree to this, and there is a book, I forget what it's called, that said that dragons without wings, like the Chinese, were of one gender, while those with, were the other and only got together for breeding purposes. Also, it said that dragons exist in the Spiritual World, so only practiced excorcists and others who can see ghosts, would be able to see them. In that case, bones and such would not be found, or, perhaps, living between this world in the next, they cannot die.

Another one of my theories on dragons is, if they can breathe fire, which I've even thought of ways that it could be possible, then maybe a dragon who was close to the one that died cremated it, with flames too hot to leave even bone behind. Or a dragon's death means a feast for any dragons close enough to smell it, and they eat it all, including bones.

I know, I have a lot of time on my hands to think of various ways such creatures could exist, but I can't help it. As for Faeries and Pixies and such (and no they are not one in the same) I believe that they can not be seen by humans, but they can be by animals, particularly cats who are believed to have psycic powers.
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #334568 - This was a reply to message #333713
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 7, 2009 5:01 AM
*in his best Gumby voice*
My brain hurts!

Please, what sort of evidence do you have for this?
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #334574 - This was a reply to message #334568
Gaaras_Gurl17

Initiare
MP: 35

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 7, 2009 6:13 AM
QUOTED  Please, what sort of evidence do you have for this?

I can back up Anbuanimagus on the dragons thing cuz i have the book she was talking about. Its called Dancing With Dragons by D.J. Conway. In the first few pages it said that the dragons live in the Astral plane wich is in co-exsistience to our world.
 Message #334584 - This was a reply to message #334574
anbuanimagus

Initiare

Monday September 7, 2009 9:44 AM
QUOTED  Its called Dancing With Dragons by D.J. Conway

Aha! That's what it was called! Sadly, I don't have any evidence other than another guys published ideas and my own wild imagination. But I like to think of everything so...

QUOTED  Astral plane

That's basically the same thing I said, except a fancier name. Still, I just thought of something, dragons could have been put in the 6th sense haha! "I see dead people..." eyes go wide and he adds a little louder, "and dragons!"
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #334586 - This was a reply to message #334584
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 7, 2009 2:57 PM
QUOTED  *in his best Gumby voice*
My brain hurts!

Do you mind if I cry on your shoulder?
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #334598 - This was a reply to message #334574
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 1:13 AM
QUOTED  [Posted By Gaaras_Gurl17 on 09.07.2009 6:13 AM]

QUOTED  Please, what sort of evidence do you have for this?

I can back up Anbuanimagus on the dragons thing cuz i have the book she was talking about. Its called Dancing With Dragons by D.J. Conway. In the first few pages it said that the dragons live in the Astral plane wich is in co-exsistience to our world. [Posted By anbuanimagus on 09.07.2009 9:44 AM]

QUOTED  Its called Dancing With Dragons by D.J. Conway

Aha! That's what it was called! Sadly, I don't have any evidence other than another guys published ideas and my own wild imagination. But I like to think of everything so...

ADMINISTRATION MODE

No, you can back him up because you have the same IP address, which means the same computer or base network.

One warning and ONE only. We DO NOT allow two log ins for a single person.

You would be wise to explain yourselves to the administration (that would be Nova, myself, and Chung) ASAP, or we will ban the IP.

END ADMINISTRATION MODE
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #334611 - This was a reply to message #334584
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 1:15 AM
When someone asks for evidence, one BETTER be using a scientific source, if you are wishing to assert things are thus. To prove something exists, one must have scientific evidence to back said statements up.

If you wish to state you believe what an author states in a religious/spiritual test, by all means, do so. But, don't pretend it proves ANYTHING.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #334612 - This was a reply to message #334611
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Tuesday September 8, 2009 7:18 AM
When it comes down to mythical beasts, whether they are in the bible or other texts of observation, I believe there is truth to all of them. Truth, meaning that these people did observe something that they believed was a dragon or a cyclops or a giant. Example: Goliath the giant from Philistine may have been a man with one of those giants diseases, then clad in his gladiator like armor, David or who ever wrote the source that went into the book of 1 Samuel. Observations by people who do not have science at their hands tend to be overly simplified.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334615 - This was a reply to message #334612
anbuanimagus

Initiare

Tuesday September 8, 2009 1:56 PM
QUOTED  No, you can back him up because you have the same IP address, which means the same computer or base network.

One warning and ONE only. We DO NOT allow two log ins for a single person.

You would be wise to explain yourselves to the administration (that would be Nova, myself, and Chung) ASAP, or we will ban the IP.

Okay, we're friends! I was spending the night at her house, we live like fifteen minutes away from each other and well, I showed her the site cuz we have alot of the same interests
 Message #334646 - This was a reply to message #334615
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Tuesday September 8, 2009 11:03 PM
I would just make sure he gets hat message anbu, pm him maybe. Just to be safe. Silveran is pretty quick about thing though.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334677 - This was a reply to message #334646

Listing 11 to 20 of 34 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4