Conspiracy Theories - Natural Disasters
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Conspiracy Theories - Natural Disasters

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Shallandra
Conspiracy Theories - Natural Disasters

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Savant
RK: 11
MP: 4,650

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
How "natural" are natural disasters? Can we really control the weather as some people think? Here's one of the newer conspiracy theories:

2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami conspiracy
Some people think the U.S. and Indian militaries deliberately caused the Indian Ocean tsunamis with electromagnetic pulse technology. This conspiracy theory is mostly expressed by popular Arab news services. Another type of theory bases its claims on oil and gas interests. Others also reason that the technology is at least feasible if not highly probable since research into such technology has been conducted by the military as far back as World War II. According to declassified files, top-secret "tsunami bomb" experiments utilyzing nuclear explosions to trigger "mini-tidal waves" were conducted off the coast of New Zealand in 1944 and 1945. The U.S. Defense Department had even expressed concern about earthquake-inducing technology in warfare well before the 2004 disaster. In 1997 Defense Secretary William S. Cohen stated, "Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important."

Is this the sign of folks with too much time on their hands? Or our desperate need to feel like we have *some* control over what happens to us? Or is there some merit to this theory?

What other natural disaster conspiracies have you heard??
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~ Mario Andretti

"Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet." ~ Chinese Proverb

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton
 Message #286373
Flark
RE: Conspiracy Theories - Natural Disasters

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 19, 2005 2:55 PM
EVERY SINGLE TIME I attempt an activity involving my car, other than driving it, it starts to rain. Whether it be a simple activity like loading or unloading shopping, even when I attempt to wash it (something I have long since given up on), or try to carry out some general maintenance, it rains every time.

The latest occurrence of this un-Natural Disaster happend just today when ironically I had to replace the windscreen wiper linkage which connects to the wiper motor. Suspiciously enough this solid metal plate had mysteriously shattered without any reason, rendering my windscreen wipers completely useless. The weather looked fine, but no sooner had I removed the whole section of panelling between the windscreen and bonet and disconected the old linkage, then did it begin to piss down...

I'm not really sure if this was the sort of Natural Disaster - Conspiracy Theory that you were really looking for, but it's my Natural Disaster - Conspiracy Theory. It should get the ball rolling if nothing else, (although probably in the wrong direction - sorry).
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #286975 - This was a reply to message #286373
Damien

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

Monday December 19, 2005 3:29 PM
The fact that almost every natural disaster has a scientific basis for its 'natural' occurance proves outright that most conspiracy theorists suffer from severe delusional paranoia.
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #286978 - This was a reply to message #286975
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Monday December 19, 2005 3:32 PM
QUOTED  most conspiracy theorists suffer from severe delusional paranoia.

Are you trying to discredit me, Damien?
 Message #286979 - This was a reply to message #286978
Damien

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

Monday December 19, 2005 4:39 PM
I'm trying to love you. Just let me love you, Flark!
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #286983 - This was a reply to message #286979
Flark

Tuesday December 20, 2005 7:38 AM
QUOTED  I'm trying to love you. Just let me love you, Flark!

*with tearful eyes* This is the happiest day of my life!
 Message #287009 - This was a reply to message #286983
Insano

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,517

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday December 20, 2005 12:02 PM
Well I heard a conspiracy theory about the great Peterborough Earthquake of 2002. This earthquake rocked the streets of this humble town and toppled many long standing hot-dog stands. At first it was thought that it was a natural phenomenon, however, recent discoveries have shed light onto the recent "Food Wars" that have taken place throughout town. You see, the earthquake was actually caused by Taco Bell wanting more of the food market for themselves. So, they commissioned an unknown Gnome to eat as many burritos as possible then sent him home... Funny, the earthquakes centred on his home only a few short hours later. Go figure
This Major Tom to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door.
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today.
For here am I sitting in a tin can, far above the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there is nothing I can do.
David Bowie - Space Oddity
 Message #287020 - This was a reply to message #287009
Flark

Wednesday December 21, 2005 7:59 AM
QUOTED  and toppled many long standing hot-dog stands.

Ooo, I'll wager some hot-dogs probably even fell onto the ground!...
 Message #287053 - This was a reply to message #287020
Kitiara

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,452

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 23, 2006 6:34 AM
Well now its been some time since I've been a personality around these parts but I'm back for a natter so here comes my theory.

A little stray from the topic but relating in terms of electromagnetic pulses I was watching some science doco on foxtel talking about plane crashes that had no obvious explainations but all were linked to serious electromagnetic disruption. Intentionally or not it seems technology from the ground (possibly military) was involved in the demise of several pan air and I think an egyptian flight as well. I'll see if I can get any more material to support these claims. Don't know if you're interested but it sprang to mind when I was reading this thread.

Excuse any spelling errors. I have long fake nails at the moment and they get in the way. I've done a quick scan check but if I missed any, my deepest apologies!!

Kit
Anyone you can describe as chipper is to be avoided. You never know when they'll crack. Eventually, they're gonna start gnawing on the nearest thing they can, whether it's a hood ornament or wristwatch, wrist still attached; a moment when that uniform they've made for themselves breaks down and they fall to pieces, right out of it. Give me the life-haters any day. They'll play you straight. -Oobie
 Message #289947 - This was a reply to message #287053
_Freohr1_

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 11

Friday December 15, 2006 6:39 AM
Whats it matter? We're all gonna die in 2012 anyway. (Hardy-har-har)
Stupidity is the essence of entertainment.
 Message #307390 - This was a reply to message #289947

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2