Conspiracy Theories - Corporations
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Conspiracy Theories - Corporations

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
Shallandra
Conspiracy Theories - Corporations

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Savant
RK: 11
MP: 4,650

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 18, 2005 2:45 PM
It's true - even corporations aren't immune to conspiracy theories. Here's one I stumbled across that I hadn't heard before:

Kentucky Fried Chicken
It is sometimes claimed that the franchise is owned by the Ku Klux Klan, and the chicken is laced with a drug that makes only black men impotent. In actuality KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, Inc., a publicly traded Fortune 500 company.

Ya gotta wonder where these ideas start. Sounds like a guy treated his wife to some KFC before going home - and when things didn't go so well in the bedroom, he used THIS as his defense!

What are some others you've heard?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~ Mario Andretti

"Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet." ~ Chinese Proverb

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton
 Message #286372
LordCaptainTobacco
RE: Conspiracy Theories - Corporations

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 1

Friday July 8, 2011 10:03 PM
I think it had started as a joke.

Imagine a person stating "Proud to be a member of the KKK. Kolonel Klucks' Klan, that is..."

Never heard the second part though.

I'd guess its just another 'the-white-man-keep'n-the-brothers-down' thing.
 Message #339972 - This was a reply to message #286372
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 9, 2011 11:48 PM
This has to be my favorite conspiracy theory.
I'm not sure whether to believe it's a hoax or not, but considering the number of mind-bogglingly insane things people really do believe in, I'm leaning towards 'yes'.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339974 - This was a reply to message #339972
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Tuesday July 12, 2011 8:47 AM
*Smacks forehead*

That's right brotha man, the crackers and yellow devils don't want you to be able to use one of these here computers. I have grave concerns about the future of mankind, folks.

True story. My friend's father had a carburetor on his engine that looked like a spider, and was running about a hundred miles to the gallon. Despite all his family and friends warning him not to take it into the dealer, he did it anyways. Needless to say, the spider carb disappeared and his rig was returned with a stock GM carb on it. Sixteen miles to the gallon.

Are the car companies in cahoots with the oil companies? Don't know, but I'd be pissed if someone yanked my carb and replaced it with crap.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339988 - This was a reply to message #339974

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1