PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Arcanis
RE: I'm getting old

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 486

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday October 20, 2012 11:05 AM
Although this is the first I have heard of this book, I do find the idea interesting. But I can see how the idea might make some people uncomfortable.
I come seeking enlightenment,
Armed with knowledge,
And shielded by faith,
Who would stand before me?
 Message #341389 - This was a reply to message #341181
Dogma75

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 169

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 10, 2013 3:56 AM
I am a real hater of D & D but I kinda liked Pathfinder...It's quite some fun...

Shadow I feel you....getting grey and the tens in my age getting more and more...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato....
"This is where we fight. This is where they die." - King Leonidas in 300
 Message #341657 - This was a reply to message #341389
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Monday February 11, 2013 5:12 PM
I'll say it again, we are having a blast with it. Some of it is the back to Basic approach of the current campaign. Playing in the old Known World, throwing all the old mindless dungeon crawls at the players, ignoring lack of internal coherence and whatnot, revelling in the ridiculousness of some of the adventures E.g. in "Knight of Newts", for 1st level PCs, they wander through a swamp, find a skeleton that has a Bag of Holding. Not an undead skeleton, just a dead skeleton. Before they even reach the dungeon.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341667 - This was a reply to message #341657
Dogma75

Membrum

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 11, 2013 5:27 PM
Sounds like fun...atm my group is two members short and were laid the running campaign on ice. So we played the old WEG Star Wars last Friday...was quite some fun...was a bit nostalgic...
 Message #341669 - This was a reply to message #341667
TheShadowlord

Wednesday February 13, 2013 3:30 AM
Never did try that one. Only got into it with the d20 version. all three versions had serious faults, primarily the Force systems, so I just made my own when i decided to run a SW game.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341674 - This was a reply to message #341669
Dogma75

Membrum

Sunday March 3, 2013 7:36 AM
I am using the WEG Star Wars 2nd Ed. revised version. It's not bad but I had to lay my hands on the D6 Space to get some cleaner rules and did also make some house rules. Tonight we had the 5th game session. We are playing before in the clone wars about 50 days after Geonosis. It's not bad, actually it's really good..!!
 Message #341708 - This was a reply to message #341674
TheShadowlord

Sunday March 3, 2013 7:05 PM
I've heard that the WEG Force system is rather broken. I haven't looked into it too closely myself but it did seem rather strong.
I would have liked to use Sw Saga, but the Force system there was even worse than the original d20 one.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341710 - This was a reply to message #341708
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Monday March 4, 2013 12:48 PM
I dunno, winning the War for the Rebel Alliance by video call might be a bit overpowered, but hey, why not?
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341717 - This was a reply to message #341710
Dogma75

Membrum

Monday March 4, 2013 3:55 PM
Silveran:
--- I dunno, winning the War for the Rebel Alliance by video call might be a bit overpowered, but hey, why not?---

If you look on the publishing history of Lucasfilm Games, then the war against the Empire was won several times in the last 20 years... ;-)

TheShadowlord:
---- I've heard that the WEG Force system is rather broken. I haven't looked into it too closely myself but it did seem rather strong.----

We are 5 players and one of them plays a padawan. We had exactly 3 fights in the last 5 sessions and in only one the Jedi player used the force.
I don't use the force powers from the rulebooks, I found a nice webpage were several fanmade books are published for free download. They are quite good and we use them all.
Here's the link (for all whom are interested): http://krapz.free.fr/

I don't have any experience with the WotC Star Wars games.

[[Edited by Dogma75 on Monday March 4, 2013 3:56 PM]]
 Message #341719 - This was a reply to message #341717
TheShadowlord

Monday March 4, 2013 7:20 PM
Thanks for hte link. I'll check it out.
My relationship with RPG books/systems is a bit like my mother's relationship with cook books: I love to have them and look through them even if I won't be using a tenth of them.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341722 - This was a reply to message #341719

Listing 21 to 30 of 30 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3