PAGES: 42 9 10 11 12 13
AnimusAniKorSaxcian
RE: What are you reading now? IIII

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday September 13, 2009 6:29 PM
QUOTED  That sounds VERY interesting. I'm a somewhat fan of WWII alternate history novels. Will have to check this one out.

No doubt. You shouldn't be too disappointed. Gives some interesting and chilling perspectives; especially on Antisemitism.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334870 - This was a reply to message #334823
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 17, 2009 1:26 AM
"The Last Watch", Sergei Lukyanenko.
Only a chapter into it, but it promises to be as suspenseful and twisty as his previous works.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #334984 - This was a reply to message #334870
anbuanimagus

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 49

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday September 19, 2009 8:09 AM
I've just finished Eragon recently for the first time and am now reading Eldest, Pride and Prejudice, and The Lost Queen. I'm also reading a few romance novels, but I doubt any of you would be interested in those titles.
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #335073 - This was a reply to message #334823
TheShadowlord

Sunday September 20, 2009 10:34 AM
This thread is about what book you are reading at the moment. Doesn't matter what sort.

Other than Last Watch, I'm reading John Lyons' 2-volume "SEmantics" and his "Linguistic semantics"

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #335097 - This was a reply to message #335073
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Monday September 21, 2009 10:22 AM
Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay - Third book in the Dexter series. Has gotten bad reviews, though so far I am enjoying it.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #335105 - This was a reply to message #335097
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Wednesday September 23, 2009 2:59 PM
Re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire in the vain hope that the Dragons is published before the end of this year. About a hundred pages into Feast, and as irritated as the first time that I read it about the people that weren't in it, lol.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #335190 - This was a reply to message #335105
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Wednesday September 23, 2009 3:07 PM
QUOTED  Re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire in the vain hope that the Dragons is published before the end of this year.

Good idea! I'm hoping it works! I've been hanging on the edge of his plot cliffs for FAR too long.

You know...Mr. GRRM himself is going to be in Ireland in November. From his blog:

"Arrangements are still being worked out, but I have some tentative dates and times for my appearances in Ireland in November.

On Tuesday, November 3, I will be speaking and signing at Eason's Bookstore in Belfast. The event begins at 1:00 pm. Or 1300 for you European types.

On Thursday, November 5, I will be at Eason's on O'Connell Street in Dublin. This event begins at 5:00 pm, or 1700."

I'm already jealous of you, not even knowing if you'll be able to attend either showing.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #335191 - This was a reply to message #335190
TheShadowlord

Thursday September 24, 2009 6:25 AM
Finished (at last) John Brunner's "Stand on Zanzibar", a harsh look at the problems of corporatism, overpopulation, slavery to fashions and fads, and poverty. Just as poignant and necessary now it was 40 years ago.

Started on "Piratica (being a daring tale of a singular girl's adventures on the high seas)", brought to us by the notorious Tanith Lee.
Lee's attempt at young adult fiction, and so far quite enjoyable.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #335206 - This was a reply to message #335191
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

Thursday September 24, 2009 3:36 PM
QUOTED  On Thursday, November 5, I will be at Eason's on O'Connell Street in Dublin. This event begins at 5:00 pm, or 1700.

Count yourself and your ears lucky that you're an ocean away- my screaming was impressive. Dublin is 40 minutes away! Ran in to my brother, who calmly informed me he knew! Little toad never bothered telling me. And I'm wearing Lannister Crimson and Stark grey and white and everything- how fortuitous was my wardrobe choice today? Lol.

Except, I just had a thought. Oh PANTS. The debate team I coach have a debate that day! Nooooooooooooooooo! Must start plotting to get someone to cover for me...
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #335217 - This was a reply to message #335191
tassanaburrfoot

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

Thursday September 24, 2009 8:26 PM
Just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Outstanding! Absolutely loved it.
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #335219 - This was a reply to message #335217

Listing 101 to 110 of 418 Replies

PAGES: 42 9 10 11 12 13