RE: A Dance with Dragons

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,452

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 23, 2012 11:53 AM
I am ninety pages in.

Oooooohmygod.
Anyone you can describe as chipper is to be avoided. You never know when they'll crack. Eventually, they're gonna start gnawing on the nearest thing they can, whether it's a hood ornament or wristwatch, wrist still attached; a moment when that uniform they've made for themselves breaks down and they fall to pieces, right out of it. Give me the life-haters any day. They'll play you straight. -Oobie
 Message #340956 - This was a reply to message #340749
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Friday May 25, 2012 2:25 AM
STill waiting for the entire damn series to be finished so I can read it all at once.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340958 - This was a reply to message #340956
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 25, 2012 3:45 AM
I'm with SL on this one....
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #340962 - This was a reply to message #340958
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Saturday May 26, 2012 12:14 AM
I hate having to reread all the books every few years to make sure I remember who's who and what happened.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340967 - This was a reply to message #340962
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Saturday May 26, 2012 2:33 AM
Missin' out!
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340969 - This was a reply to message #340967
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 26, 2012 5:51 AM
Missing would imply we are not going to read it. We are simply waiting for the dinner to be finished cooking before we partake. Your raiding the kitchen, so you will get less enjoyment out of the entire repast.

Message #340970 - This was a reply to message #340969
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

Monday May 28, 2012 7:32 PM
QUOTED  Your raiding the kitchen, so you will get less enjoyment out of the entire repast.

Not true at all. I quite enjoy rereading great books like these, and enjoying the hype and wild theorizing is far more fun than instant gratification.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340975 - This was a reply to message #340970
DarkDalamar20

MP: 6,311

Tuesday May 29, 2012 8:57 PM
QUOTED  Missing would imply we are not going to read it. We are simply waiting for the dinner to be finished cooking before we partake. Your raiding the kitchen, so you will get less enjoyment out of the entire repast.

Or perhaps, you are simply starving yourself. Meanwhile, I am feeding my brain with all the delicious, nutrient rich, reading that fuels the mind and speeds up my mental metabolism...I think there are even some healthy Omega 3's in there.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340979 - This was a reply to message #340970
Kitiara

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,452

Wednesday May 30, 2012 5:55 PM
QUOTED Your raiding the kitchen, so you will get less enjoyment out of the entire repast.

*You're.

And now that I've thoroughly relished the opportunity to critique your post, I will add that a good book is even more delicious when it's so excellent that you can read it repeatedly and still be surprised and captivated by it. And yes, this series is that good. I started reading it about 18 months ago and have managed to only have to reread the lot once, as it took me about a year to get hold of this last book. I can't normally read books twice, but these... Yeah, you guys are missing out by only reading it once.
Anyone you can describe as chipper is to be avoided. You never know when they'll crack. Eventually, they're gonna start gnawing on the nearest thing they can, whether it's a hood ornament or wristwatch, wrist still attached; a moment when that uniform they've made for themselves breaks down and they fall to pieces, right out of it. Give me the life-haters any day. They'll play you straight. -Oobie
 Message #340981 - This was a reply to message #340970
Silveran

Saturday June 2, 2012 2:17 AM
With as many other rich and wonderful books out there to read, there is no starving to be had.

Message #340990 - This was a reply to message #340981

Listing 31 to 40 of 46 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5