PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 46 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
Lich_Nexus
RE: A Dance with Dragons

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 1, 2011 6:34 AM
QUOTED  OMG...JON SNOW?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Them fucking cocksuckers... didn't they get the memo? Thousands of Others and tens of thousands of wights are getting ready to storm The Wall... every wildling is one more sword and one less wight. Fucking nimrods.

For the Brotherhood my ass!

And Dany was really starting to piss me off... I almost jumped into the book to pimp slap her myself..."fire and blood bitch"!
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #340463 - This was a reply to message #340453
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 1, 2011 8:21 PM
**SPOILERS ABOUND**

Haha! I think everyone has been ignoring Ned's saying from the book, "Winter is Coming". All this bickering and fighting over thrones, land, and vagina - and no one is listening to the fact that there are some mean black-handed bastards coming to reign hell.

I knew the Jon Snow part would piss you off, Lich. Surprised the hell out of me. I knew that the "Brothers" were getting pissed with him, but didn't see that one coming. I am sure with Melisandre around, it isn't the last we've seen of Snow though.

I agree about Dany. She's never been one of my favorite characters in the books, aDwD kind of expanded that dislike for her because of her POVs. I know GRRM is building up to something big. I mean, the whole point of this story is going to be the inevitable showdown between the Westeros/Targaryens/Others.

I loved all the chapters with Bran. Finally seeing a little bit into the life of the Children was really neat and kind of....freaky. I can't wait to see how that story progresses.

Also, do we believe Young Aegon's story?? I think there is something more there than meets the eye.

One more thing....Ser Robert Strong (Gregor Clegane) on the Kingsguard?! What the hell?! I'd like to know just what happened in those dungeons...can someone please just off Cersei and be done with it?
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340464 - This was a reply to message #340463
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 1, 2011 11:52 PM
QUOTED  I'm waiting until the series is finished before I read it.

So... why are you posting in the thread about the newest book?

** SPOILERIFICNESS! **

QUOTED  Them fucking cocksuckers... didn't they get the memo? Thousands of Others and tens of thousands of wights are getting ready to storm The Wall... every wildling is one more sword and one less wight. Fucking nimrods.

Same reason the Wildlings were being little bitches about teaming up with the Night's Watch: they've hated eachother for so long they don't know what to do.
Also, how awesome would it be if even if he dies, Jon can somehow possess Ghost like Bran does Hodor? It would make sense, make his name fitting, AND be hella awesome.

QUOTED  And Dany was really starting to piss me off... I almost jumped into the book to pimp slap her myself..."fire and blood bitch"!

No kidding. I was getting seriously bored with her POV bits until she jumped on the dragon and remembered that she's descended from fucking Aegon the Conqueror. Finally.

I do love how important Ser Barristan has become, though. A doddering ancient knight who's still ten times the stone-cold bad ass that half the "sers" in the kingdom could never be? Sign me up.

QUOTED  One more thing....Ser Robert Strong (Gregor Clegane) on the Kingsguard?! What the hell?! I'd like to know just what happened in those dungeons...can someone please just off Cersei and be done with it?

Heh. I knew he wasn't dead. I refuse to believe -anyone- in these books is dead unless they die "onscreen"... and as Catelyn has shown us, even that is debatable. Also, I'm about 90% sure that he's not going to die until one of the Dornish family kill his ass dead. My money's on the princess from Feast.

Speaking of dead folks, my money is still on Coldhands being what's left of Benjen Stark. They never found his body, and the way he keeps getting brought up - and how significant every single Stark has been thus far - makes me inclined to think he's in no way done.

Melisandre is in no way done, but I think she's definitely getting out of hand and I'm starting to wonder if it's actually the Red God fuelling her powers anymore. Since Stannis is apparently dead, my pet theory that he never was Azhor Ahai is looking better all the time.
And the most likely candidate? Daenerys.

She was born on Dragonstone when a comet was in the sky, and she was reborn in the middle of the funeral pyre for Drogo when it very first appeared again, so that follows the "place of smoke and salt while the red star bleeds" bit. The sword of fire could easily be fancy talk for "army of fucking dragons", and it would explain why the red priestess in the second book was so interested in her.

QUOTED  Also, do we believe Young Aegon's story?? I think there is something more there than meets the eye.

I really can't decide. On one hand, GRRM had been hinting so long that Aegon had not died that it makes sense. But at the same time, he seems too good to be true, and if he was a fake it would explain the visions of a "mummer's dragon" that Dany had and fake dragons referenced by other people.

QUOTED  I loved all the chapters with Bran. Finally seeing a little bit into the life of the Children was really neat and kind of....freaky. I can't wait to see how that story progresses.

My pet theory is that the "old gods" are just the greenseers that have gone into the trees or what have you.

The whole "Song of Ice and Fire" is a reference to the epic war between the gods of ice and fire, which seem to be Rhlorr and the Stranger under various names, and everyone/everything more or less falls under the domain of one or the other. Neither is really good or bad, like Maester Aemon points out, but they are stirring again now that dragons and magic have returned to the world. Or dragons and magic have returned because they're stirring, but either way.
The Drowned God of the Ironmen is obviously the Stranger/cold god, as is the mysterious "king of the Others" that has been mentioned a few times. I think the Others, wights, stone men, and possibly the Children are all creatures of the cold god.

Then Rhlorr is presumably the Seven (except the Stranger) as well, which would explain why they cut down all the weirwoods. Dragons, the weird version of wights that Catelyn and that other knight fella became, and probably the Valyrians are all his creatures, which would explain their immunity to heat and why things like "Valyrian steel" and "dragonglass" can kill the Others so well. It also would kind of tie in with what they mentioned about the Doom of Valyria, as an epic wall of water sounds very Drowned God-esque.

Aaaand I'm going to stop myself now. I got a lot of fuel for my rampant speculation here, if you're interested.

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Thursday December 1, 2011 11:56 PM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340465 - This was a reply to message #340464
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 2, 2011 1:33 AM
God damn kid! Who spiked her Mt. Dew with Speed?

The dead are never dead until they no longer appear in any of the books. That's how I see it. Gregor Clegane udead? Horrifying. Jon Snow undead? Fuck yeah. Pretty soon there'll be nothing but undead armies going at it.

If Dany doesn't pull her head out of her ass, SHE'LL be the mummer's dragon.

QUOTED  please just off Cersei and be done with it?

This bitch has whored herself out for power that was never meant to be hers. I want her gang raped before she goes down. I despise despots.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #340466 - This was a reply to message #340465
DarkDalamar20

Friday December 2, 2011 2:29 AM
QUOTED  Speaking of dead folks, my money is still on Coldhands being what's left of Benjen Stark.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think that it's been mentioned a few too many times and comparisons made in the story to make it not so.

QUOTED  Also, how awesome would it be if even if he dies, Jon can somehow possess Ghost like Bran does Hodor?

Well, we know that Jon CAN warg into Ghost like Bran does with Summer, he did it many times in the book.

QUOTED  Since Stannis is apparently dead

I don't believe Stannis is dead. That whole siege debacle was much too vague for my liking. Like you said, there was never a chapter SHOWING Stannis die, so - he's probably not.

Thanks for the site, Angel. Will be spending some time there.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340467 - This was a reply to message #340465
Lich_Nexus

Saturday December 3, 2011 1:30 AM
QUOTED  I agree about Dany. She's never been one of my favorite characters in the books, aDwD kind of expanded that dislike for her because of her POVs. I know GRRM is building up to something big. I mean, the whole point of this story is going to be the inevitable showdown between the Westeros/Targaryens/Others.

I like Dany, her neglect of her children was pissing me off. She should have released them on the slavers laying siege to Maureen. But I'm sure next book, she'll be returning mounted on Drogon, at the head of ten thousand Dothraki!

POVs???

QUOTED  I loved all the chapters with Bran. Finally seeing a little bit into the life of the Children was really neat and kind of....freaky. I can't wait to see how that story progresses.

Those have been my least favorite chapters until now, Bran is getting very interesting as of late.

QUOTED  Also, do we believe Young Aegon's story?? I think there is something more there than meets the eye.

I do... Vary's actions has me convinced.

QUOTED  One more thing....Ser Robert Strong (Gregor Clegane) on the Kingsguard?! What the hell?! I'd like to know just what happened in those dungeons...

Remember the dude lost his chain for practicing necromancy... I'm guessing Gregor is akin to a flesh golem or the like.

[[Edited by Lich_Nexus on Saturday December 3, 2011 1:32 AM]]

Message #340469 - This was a reply to message #340464
Lich_Nexus

Saturday December 3, 2011 1:54 AM
QUOTED  Speaking of dead folks, my money is still on Coldhands being what's left of Benjen Stark.

I concur...

QUOTED  Since Stannis is apparently dead, my pet theory that he never was Azhor Ahai is looking better all the time.
And the most likely candidate? Daenerys.

Yes, Daenerys.

QUOTED  it would explain the visions of a "mummer's dragon" that Dany had and fake dragons referenced by other people.

Prince Quentyn of Dorne presumed to have the right Targaryan blood, to his doom. The dragons will sniff out the truth of Aegon.

Now how about Arya?! She is getting most fucking badass... though I'm at a lost what her part will in the endgame. I'm guessing/ hoping she'll skinchange into Nymeria and lead that monsterous wolfpack into the Riverlands to feast on Frey blood.

The Red Wedding must be avenged by Stark blood!

Message #340470 - This was a reply to message #340465
DarkDalamar20

Saturday December 3, 2011 2:09 AM
QUOTED  POVs???

Point of Views.

QUOTED  Now how about Arya?! She is getting most fucking badass... though I'm at a lost what her part will in the endgame. I'm guessing/ hoping she'll skinchange into Nymeria and lead that monsterous wolfpack into the Riverlands to feast on Frey blood.

The Red Wedding must be avenged by Stark blood!

I agree. Arya's chapters were great. Like you though, I am wondering how her talent is going to play into the larger story. Your hypothesis would site well with me.

In that site that Angel gave out, it has a pretty good theory on Jon Snow being Azhor Ahai reborn. Being that he is at the "front" of the war with the Others, and with Melisandre being in the picture. I could see this as a possibility as well.
 Message #340471 - This was a reply to message #340470
Max

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,041

Wednesday January 11, 2012 6:51 AM
Bit late, but I can't help but pop in here...

Loved the book, but was hoping for a little more progress to be made in the timeline. Agree with everyone...hated the Jon part at the end, don't think he's really dead, Coldhands is probably Benjen, Arya is badass, etc.

The idea of Jon Snow being Azhor Ahai is new...I'll have to consider that. I've thought for quite a while that Stannis wasn't him, and the Dany idea has come to me before.

Hopefully with HBO bringing out TV series, he'll bring out the books a little quicker, lol.
Work Hard, Play Hard, Live Hard,

but Love softly, and with All your Heart
 Message #340588 - This was a reply to message #340471
marrs729

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,280

Monday March 12, 2012 8:52 PM
I've waited so long for this and bought it when it came out. However, still half-way to go before finishing. I'm real bad about starting something and not finishing, but.... Love it so far, way better than Feast for Crows.... Has most of the characters I actually care about. It's getting pretty thick and heavy. Martin still has it and still introducing, yet more characters. I guess so he can kill them off later. But hey, I'm not complaining.

I just bought Game of Thrones on Blu-ray. They did a good so far, from what I've seen, on book to screen conversion. They must have added some stuff. Although it's been years since I read Game of Thrones, back in high school.
Answer me anything and I'll question you truthfully.
 Message #340749 - This was a reply to message #340588

Listing 21 to 30 of 46 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5