PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 51 to 59 of 59 Replies

PAGES: 6 2 3 4 5 6
Avenging_Angel
RE: Favorite Author

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 8, 2010 1:43 PM
QUOTED  R.L. Salvatore. The dude is simply my favorite writer.

Is he related to R.A Salvatore, the Forgotten Realms author of questionable talent? (as in I question whether he has any?)

QUOTED  Watching is not the same as reading. You must read Pet Cemetary, 1408, Cujo, & IT. Books are much better than those movie renditions. Green Mile was a good adaptation, but you should also read that one.

I'd say that Pet Sematary's movie adaption was actually pretty passable, since the King wrote the screenplay himself. 1408 was better than the story in some ways, just because it did so much more.

I'm currently reading... nothing. It's very depressing. In theory, I'm working on Under the Dome by Stevie King, but finals have devoured my life, so all I've been reading recently is textbooks. Sad, very sad.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #336426 - This was a reply to message #336418
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 9, 2010 12:12 PM
QUOTED  Is he related to R.A Salvatore, the Forgotten Realms author of questionable talent? (as in I question whether he has any?)

Now you're just being bitchy... granted, he can kick the shit out of a dead horse. But the whole of drow culture/ society came directly through him. Also, I find his combat sequences to be most well written.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #336480 - This was a reply to message #336426
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 10, 2010 2:59 PM
As much as I like the works of Stephen King, he has never made me afraid to go outside at night, peer suspiciously at any shadow, or jump from my bed to the door, hoping that the demon under my bed would be repelled by the christian music station long enough for me to land safely and bolt into the bathroom to go take a leak in the middle of the night. (AH, the sound reasoning of a twelve year old's naive mind).

This honor belongs to Dean Koontz. At the age of twelve and thirteen, Darkfall, Phantoms, and The Watchers were, hands down, the scariest books I had ever read.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #336522 - This was a reply to message #336480
That_Guy

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 17

Monday May 10, 2010 3:10 PM
who needs horror? Humur is where it's at! I like Robert Asprin the best for his Myth Adventure series.

on a different note I'm back. Or trying to be back, I was never really a big person here. But all the same hi again.
Those who fight and win today, will kick your arse another day
 Message #336523 - This was a reply to message #336522
TheShadowlord

MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 10, 2010 3:41 PM
My only experience with those books are Phil Foglio's graphic adaptations. I might look into them later.

QUOTED  Now you're just being bitchy... granted, he can kick the shit out of a dead horse. But the whole of drow culture/ society came directly through him. Also, I find his combat sequences to be most well written.

"Crystal Shard" and "Homeland" are still pretty darn good books. Some of his other works have decent enough bits (I like the battleragers, for instance), but on the whole his works has gone downhill.
His combat scenes get more annoying the more books he writes. It quickly gets repetative and dull.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #336527 - This was a reply to message #336523
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

Monday May 10, 2010 5:02 PM
I think the last book I've read was Servants of the Shard. Good things start to suck with excess, Starless Nights was the last good shit for me. The Dark Elf Trilogy is top shelf, and equal with the War of the Lance in regards to D&D literature on my list.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #336531 - This was a reply to message #336527
TheShadowlord

Tuesday May 11, 2010 1:39 AM
Homeland was good. Sojourn nearly as good. Exile was an entire book about Drizzt moping about in the Underdark.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #336538 - This was a reply to message #336531
Lairston

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 2

Friday May 24, 2013 4:21 AM
One of my favorite authors is Margaret Weis. I've been reading her books since about 88 or 89 when a friend of mine put the Chronicles in front of me and I fell in love with dungeons and dragons and dragonlance.

Soon I was reading others like Tolkien.
http://www.rpgtools.us - need a name check this site out
 Message #341872 - This was a reply to message #259091
TheShadowlord

Friday May 24, 2013 10:31 PM
Whatever floats your boat.
I quickly came to the conclusion that they should have left it at the Dragonlance Chronicles, since the later books got increasingly stupid. Yes, I went through a Raistlin fanboy period after reading Legends, but I'm over it. I tried the Deathgate cycle and something else by them, but just couldn't get into them.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341879 - This was a reply to message #341872

Listing 51 to 59 of 59 Replies

PAGES: 6 2 3 4 5 6