PAGES: 10 6 7 8 9 10
TheShadowlord
RE: Winter

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 31, 2011 10:20 PM
Most of the ice is gone now, and it's a few degrees below freezing now, so we can see the fireworks tonight.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340551 - This was a reply to message #340548
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 27, 2012 10:28 PM
Well that was fun...Spring has just began and we get a snowstorm.

An inch or so the morning of Day 1, then it snowed all day, never completely stopping. Continued through the night so had 3 inches morning of day 2. Snowed most of the that day as well. The snow was wet and heavy, leading to power outages and downed trees.

Ah, well. Least I got some sledding in.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340831 - This was a reply to message #340548
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 27, 2012 11:25 PM
Can you send us some of that? We barely had any snow, and it's been ranging from 60-mid 80s all through the month of March. I need to go back to the desert where at least the weather was consistent in being wildly inconsistent, this is just weird.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340832 - This was a reply to message #340831
TheShadowlord

Friday March 30, 2012 5:59 PM
Warmest March on record here. Nearly all the snow is gone (except those big piles of compacted, gravel-covered ones that are perpetually in the shade.

Cold night last night, though.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340839 - This was a reply to message #340831
TheShadowlord

Thursday March 14, 2013 9:24 PM
Damn weather. Turned off the oild burning stove two weeks ago because it had been so damn warm late February and there's no point burning money for no reason. Of course the two days after I did that temperatures dropped. WE now have yo-yo temps, as much as 20 degrees from midday to midnight (about 0 degrees during the day the last couple of days, -20 or so at night).
It's really a pain. The little space heater we have for the apartment works well enough for temps up to -5. At -10 we usually want to start a fire if we have guests over. 17 C inside is fine by us, but we like to have it at least 20 if there are visitors. colder than -10 we like to use the oil.

But when temps vary so damn much from time to time it makes everythin hard. I can't have the oil on because that would be too hot except when we get up in the morning and it's a bit chilly in here.
Wood fires aren't much point because the place will be unlivable if we have guests over, but then it starts getting chilly during the evening and it's too late to start a fire.

RYargh, damn first world problems.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341764 - This was a reply to message #340839
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

Tuesday April 2, 2013 6:17 PM
When you say start a fire, do you mean in a fireplace or a wood burning stove? (i know you said you have an oil burning stove) I just don't hear of too many apartments having a fireplace. I feel for ya though. Maybe it's time to invest in a perminant wall heating unit with a thermostat to keep the whole place at a consistant temperature? They say the consistancy of temperature from them keeps it cost effective. Here in Jersey our Temps range 40 degeree's during the course of a day this time of year although it was a warm winter over all.

My folks have a fireplace though it's mostly athstetic because the amount of heat it produces balances out with the amount it sucks out of the house when the damper is open.
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #341786 - This was a reply to message #341764
TheShadowlord

Friday April 5, 2013 3:06 AM
Wood-burning stove and kerosene burner combo. Rather inefficient compared to modern ones (made in the 50s) but rather common in apartments from the time. Sure, electricity is pretty cheap in Norway compared to some other places, but for proper heating wood (since I get it almost free - nice to have an uncle who owns a farm with forest) and oil is cheaper for the really heavy duty heating. Anyway, it's been pretty nice most of March other than that first week.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341796 - This was a reply to message #341786

Listing 91 to 97 of 97 Replies

PAGES: 10 6 7 8 9 10