PAGES: 10 6 7 8 9 10
DarkDalamar20
RE: Winter

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday November 29, 2011 9:02 PM
Same here as well. Last year we had two feet of snow on the ground by Thanksgiving. This year we have none and it's supposed to be sunny and above freezing for the next week or so. Of course, our snowiest winters on record have all started like this then we get slammed in December/January. It's coming.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340454 - This was a reply to message #340448
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Wednesday November 30, 2011 5:30 PM
Freezing in the morning, temperature skyrockets 10+ degrees during the evening, then plummets in the space of a few hours after midnight.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340460 - This was a reply to message #340454
TheShadowlord

Monday December 12, 2011 11:03 PM
Last Wednesday winter came. It snuck up on us when we werern't expecting it and mugged us. Every effin' year the first snowfall leaves the country a couple of hours behind schedule as the many morons who haven't changed to winter tires clog up the roads. Every single year they act like they never could have forseen snowfall in fucking Norway.
Unlike the last couple of years, it has been a return to form for the last decade and a half.
Lots of snow, then warmth to melt most of it into slush, then cold to freeze to ice, then more warmth to give us polished, wet ice everywhere. this morning it rained, but the ground was still cold enough to freeze it, so everything looked like it had a thick layer of glaze. Getting to work was fun, i can tell you. If you had put on ice skates you wouldn't be too badly off.

Sure, this saves money on the heating bill, but dammit, I'd rather have it be cold and accesssable outside rather than fill up the emergency rooms with old people falling and breaking bones all over the place.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340507 - This was a reply to message #340460
Avenging_Angel

MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday December 13, 2011 10:39 AM
Winter must be distracted off in your neck of the woods, SL - we're still waiting on it here. We got a light dusting, that melted immediately right after Thanksgiving. Then this weekend we got a legitimate snowstorm - crashes everywhere, zero visibility. And now it's already all melted, been in the 50s the past few days. I'm sure I'll be pining away for days like these once it really sets in, but right now I just really want a nice, scenic snow so I can justify the hermit-like urges I've been getting since the days started getting shorter.

Also, it's easier to not feel like an alcoholic if I'm drinking all this eggnog to stay warm.

Just sayin'.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340513 - This was a reply to message #340507
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 14, 2011 11:16 PM
So far, Winter here is just being mean. For the last week the temp has barely made it over 40 F, then dipped to 25 or so at night. Even better is the fact that this cold is blowing from inland which makes it cold and DRY! Guess what happens to me when its really cold and really dry? Spontaneous nosebleeds. Had one a day the last few days. I swear, one night it'll start and I won't wake up and bleed to death...

Ah well. There's a nice cloud cover blowing in from down the valley. Hopefully it means damper air and higher temps. And dare I hope for snow?
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340519 - This was a reply to message #340513
DarkDalamar20

MP: 6,311

Thursday December 15, 2011 3:05 AM
We got a 1/4" last night, and supposed to get another 1-2 inches tonight. Would be the first time it's snowed since Mid-November...
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #340522 - This was a reply to message #340519
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Friday December 16, 2011 5:31 AM
QUOTED  then dipped to 25 or so at night.

10. Fucking 10 degrees here in California on Tuesday, a whopping 13 yesterday. It was so cold in the plant that they had to use a blow torchto thaw out the clutch on my wrapper. THEN they decided to turn on the fucking heaters! How many years have I been freezing my ass off while they played Scrooge?
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #340526 - This was a reply to message #340522
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Friday December 23, 2011 12:43 PM
I've died and gone to Norway. That has to be it. -2 this morning. Flat out painfully cold. I'm in my coat, gloves, balaclava and I couldn't feel my legs from the knees down... and that's INDOORS. SL, take your shit back and give me my snow, damn it!
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #340539 - This was a reply to message #340526
TheShadowlord

Sunday December 25, 2011 5:55 PM
After anally raping us, winter didn't want to stay and cuddle. It left us with a big layer of wet, smooth ice everyway and laughs at our pitiful attempts to recover from broken hips and arms. It was cold enough yesterday that we didn't have a white Christmas, but a sparkly gray one. today it's just wet and gray..

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340541 - This was a reply to message #340539
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Wednesday December 28, 2011 11:00 PM
The nasty cold has finally moved on! Now it's rain and wind and 40 degree temps for at least a week!
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340548 - This was a reply to message #340539

Listing 81 to 90 of 97 Replies

PAGES: 10 6 7 8 9 10