PAGES: 10 5 6 7 8 9
DragonLady
RE: Winter

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 15, 2011 1:13 AM
And say goodbye to that tease of spring.....another beautiful snowy day in Northern California.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #339336 - This was a reply to message #339245
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Tuesday February 15, 2011 6:57 AM
YES! The bitch is back and she's looking for balls...... Mother Nature, that is.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339342 - This was a reply to message #339336
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 15, 2011 4:35 PM
We got the better part of 50 cm of snow last week and temperatures averaging -15, dropping to -25 on one occasion.
More snow today. The cat is thrilled.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339346 - This was a reply to message #339342
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Thursday February 24, 2011 9:23 PM
Just when I think Winter is winding down, what with the 40-50 degree days we've been having the last couple weeks - I wake up to 12" of new snow at the house this morning and blizzard like conditions today with a high of 10 degrees and only supposed to get colder. Negatives over night. Fun. Hopefully this is Winter's last hoorah, I'm ready for Spring.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #339406 - This was a reply to message #339346
SisqAlpha

Friday February 25, 2011 5:49 AM
Oh fuck me running uphill sideways with a piece of splintered balsa wood. And that shit's headed THIS way? Tht's it. I'm telling my friend up in Alaska to taker her shit back and keep it.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339407 - This was a reply to message #339406
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Friday February 25, 2011 8:11 AM
Yeah, the cold is heading your way - hopefully it doesn't run into the moisture too - that's what got us. I know Portland and even Seattle got decent amounts of snow. Blame the Canadians along with your Alaskan friend - it's their cold they keep shoving over the border. I'm pretty sure it's an act of terrorism.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #339408 - This was a reply to message #339407
TheShadowlord

Friday February 25, 2011 3:49 PM
QUOTED  running uphill sideways with a piece of splintered balsa wood.

most skis are made from synthetics nowadays. and they were nevermade with balsa.

More snow and cold here. not much snow, and it's light and fluffy and compacts quickly, but it's that much more that needs to melt.
It's getting a bit warmer, but more snow predicted today and tomorrow.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339410 - This was a reply to message #339407
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Saturday February 26, 2011 8:35 PM
Don't worry Sisq. I took the bite out of the storm. 3 1/4 inches fell in about 4 hours. Nice fluffy stuff too, made excellent snowballs. Now its frozen solid and made it all the up to 33F yesterday...

Cold snap just like this last year busted my water pipes, which taught me that going plumbing work when the temp is less than 20 can be very difficult. Especially when my gloves got wet and froze so bad I couldn't get them off.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #339420 - This was a reply to message #339407
TheShadowlord

Sunday February 27, 2011 2:57 PM
10 or so cm of snow yesterday. Of course it was a little above freezing, so it turned into slush rather quickly.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339424 - This was a reply to message #339420
SisqAlpha

Tuesday March 1, 2011 7:18 AM
People just don't learn up here. If they aren't getting lost on the mountain, they're hauling ass through blowing snow and rolling their rig, or getting their boat swamped in the middle of Lake Shastina when the wing goes from 0-40mph in less than an hour.

Seriously. Two people had their boat go down in the middle of the lake yesterday. High winds, three foot waves, butt cold water. They found one of them the last I heard. Alive? Dead? Don't know. Plan ahead people. If the wind comes up, it's going to push you to the dam. Don't fight it, roll with it and tack towards the public access or Sheriff's access at that end of the lake. Take a breather behind the island and bail the boat out if you have to. And SLOW THE FUCK DOWN on the highway.

Message #339433 - This was a reply to message #339424

Listing 61 to 70 of 97 Replies

PAGES: 10 5 6 7 8 9