PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 91 to 100 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 8 9 10 11 12
Lich_Nexus
RE: RAGE is...

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 17, 2011 2:23 AM
QUOTED  So when you are being nice it's dogma and when you're a dick it's idolatry?

Something like that, yeah.

QUOTED  Why can't worshipping Jesus be idolatry, by your definition?

Didn't say it couldn't.

QUOTED  Basically, the Christian dogma was "join me because the end is nigh". All that stuff about casting off worldly possessions and wealth and jobs and going with Jesus? because the world was going to end. The whole second coming? because he was coming back any day now to usher in the new age.

I wouldn't know about that, it's not part of the Christian ideology I've been exposed to through my mother and grandparents. They had no use for "holy rollers" and for the most part, your viewpoint of Christians is that of a holy roller.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #339367 - This was a reply to message #339348
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 17, 2011 3:02 AM
QUOTED  AvA can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when she said dogma, she was referring to the message of love, peace, compassion, charity, and the good aspects of the faith. Then she turned right around and hit the nail on the head with the follow up statement. The overall message is not what's corrupt, it is man's interpretation and the actions taken based on that interpretation that is truly fucked up. It is MAN'S influence that has corrupted what may ultimately have been a good thing.

Yup.

QUOTED  Basically, the Christian dogma was "join me because the end is nigh". All that stuff about casting off worldly possessions and wealth and jobs and going with Jesus? because the world was going to end. The whole second coming? because he was coming back any day now to usher in the new age.

Not entirely. A lot of it was based on the idea that being among the meek was the path to righteousness, and a lot of groups in that era were into emphasizing simple life as moral because the wealthy were usually Roman collaborators.

And now kids, I'm going to pretend to be a real moderator for a minute and suggest we take this outside. There's an entire religion forum for this thing (which I would be happy to contribute to), and this is not the place for it.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #339368 - This was a reply to message #339367
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 17, 2011 6:20 AM
Buzz kill.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339375 - This was a reply to message #339368
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Thursday February 17, 2011 7:01 AM
But, she's also right.... that's what the Religion forum is for after all....
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #339376 - This was a reply to message #339375
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

Wednesday March 9, 2011 11:59 PM
Rage is.....Grown ass men that can't seem to understand that they are NOT always fucking right, and are too egotistical to accept help of any damn kind!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #339470 - This was a reply to message #339376
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 10, 2011 5:21 AM
Uh-oh, what did your husband and his boyfriend do now?
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #339471 - This was a reply to message #339470
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 10, 2011 2:32 PM
QUOTED  Grown ass men that can't seem to understand that they are NOT always fucking right, and are too egotistical to accept help of any damn kind!

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

This strikes a little close to home, at least about the always being right bit.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339474 - This was a reply to message #339470
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Wednesday March 16, 2011 11:06 PM
Dealing with the auto insurance company for a government agency.

I'm in Savannah at my parent's house, as my uncle passed away. Coming back from the graveside service, a City/County minibus (the type that are called by the disabled to come get them and take them to the doctor for appointment) decided to jump a red light and took out my driver's side fender and damaged the axle or support structures (the wheel is about 35 degrees off straight up and down).

I was supposed to be back at work today in Augusta. And, I've had to call out because (get this), the Transit Authority HASN'T REPORTED THE ACCIDENT to their insurance. I've given a police report case number, the claim number from my Insurance, et al..... but no rental for William until the Transit Authority reports the accident. I've told that company, if I miss more work, I will be making a claim for lost wages, too.

We will see if that fires them up.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #339500 - This was a reply to message #339474
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Thursday March 17, 2011 11:13 PM
Silv, the bastards will sit on this egg as long as they can, hoping you will cave and accept the pittance they offer. I hope you are able to hold out long enough to get the work done that needs to be done.

And you have my condolences concerning the passing of your uncle.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339507 - This was a reply to message #339500
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

Wednesday March 23, 2011 9:09 PM
Rage is my husband Sisq having to work not only a 13 day stretch but now at least 20 days! I'm so tired of seeing them run him into the ground! I have not even seen my husband in almost a month....BASTARDS!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #339541 - This was a reply to message #339507

Listing 91 to 100 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 8 9 10 11 12