PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 81 to 90 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 7 8 9 10 11
Avenging_Angel
RE: RAGE is...

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 4, 2011 12:21 PM
Rage is discovering that not only are they remaking one of my all-time favorite movies, The Crow, but it's going to be helmed by the douchenozzle that "adapted" the first Blade film and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Dear god, WHY?!
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #339227 - This was a reply to message #339221
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday February 9, 2011 1:11 AM
Rage is having a chance to go to not ONE but TWO concerts, and getting fucked in the process by both!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #339258 - This was a reply to message #339227
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Sunday February 13, 2011 8:51 AM
Fucking Syfy's Iron Invader. They have to use alcohol to kill the alien bacteria, yet when the alcohol hits fire, it puts it out. How in the bloody blue fuck did they overlook THAT particular lesson in chemistry class?

Retards.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339284 - This was a reply to message #339258
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 13, 2011 3:09 PM
How diluted is said alcohol?
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339285 - This was a reply to message #339284
SisqAlpha

Sunday February 13, 2011 11:02 PM
Standard booze boss. 80 proof and above. The stuff should flare THEN go out.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339295 - This was a reply to message #339285
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 14, 2011 12:53 AM
QUOTED  Satanists don't give Wiccans a bad name. Wiccans give Wiccans a bad name. Dear, people who are think any type of witch or Neo-pagan are evil don't care what type we are. We are evil because we are not like them. Those who don't hold this view judge people or groups based on their own actions.

People are collectively assholes. Spiritual affiliation just provides another reason for one to justify why one considers the other an asshole. In other words, one can be an asshole regardless (and in some cases, in spite) of faith.

In short: Fucking assholes!

QUOTED  The dogma that says no matter how nice you are, if you don't believe in their particular brand of invisible sky pixies you aren't worth as much as those that do?
Or the dogma that says it's ok to be a dick?

That's not dogmatic. That's idolatry.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #339307 - This was a reply to message #339015
SisqAlpha

Monday February 14, 2011 4:50 AM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  The dogma that says no matter how nice you are, if you don't believe in their particular brand of invisible sky pixies you aren't worth as much as those that do?
Or the dogma that says it's ok to be a dick?

That's not dogmatic. That's idolatry.

i·dol·a·try (-dl-tr)
n. pl. i·dol·a·tries
1. Worship of idols.
2. Blind or excessive devotion to something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
dogmatic [d?g'mæt?k], dogmatical
adj
a. (of a statement, opinion, etc.) forcibly asserted as if authoritative and unchallengeable
b. (of a person) prone to making such statements
2. (Philosophy) of, relating to, or constituting dogma dogmatic writings
3. based on assumption rather than empirical observation
dogmatically adv

Seems that both are applicable in this instance.

QUOTED  nothing wrong with the dogma per se, but the believers are such bloody douchenozzles about it.

AvA can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when she said dogma, she was referring to the message of love, peace, compassion, charity, and the good aspects of the faith. Then she turned right around and hit the nail on the head with the follow up statement. The overall message is not what's corrupt, it is man's interpretation and the actions taken based on that interpretation that is truly fucked up. It is MAN'S influence that has corrupted what may ultimately have been a good thing.

If people had been able to educate themselves, perhaps they would not have been taken in by those that would use other aspects of that dogma to exert control over their fellow man. It is up to each individual person to decide what is best for their life based on their own analysis of the information available and not let themselves be suckered by the extremes.

Message #339316 - This was a reply to message #339307
Lich_Nexus

MP: 7,037

Monday February 14, 2011 6:16 AM
QUOTED  Seems that both are applicable in this instance.

If one uses intolerance and fear as the basis of their belief system, then intolerance and fear becomes the foundation in which they have addressed their devotion. They worship an image of God, tainted with human failings, represented in form by thought in lue of material object.

That's idolatry... and acting like a dick.

Dogma, specifically Christian dogma, is to put into practice the teachings of Jesus Christ; to live your life by His example and emulate love, peace, compassion, and charity through your actions and interactions with others.

As far as I know, He never gave anyone permission to act like a dick, and people are fully capable of acting like dicks without the intervention of invisible sky pixies.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #339320 - This was a reply to message #339316
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Tuesday February 15, 2011 9:09 AM
Rage is not being able to find my favorite NES emulator online anymore... it's going to take some time finding it on old hard drives.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #339343 - This was a reply to message #339320
TheShadowlord

MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 15, 2011 4:43 PM
So when you are being nice it's dogma and when you're a dick it's idolatry?
Why can't worshipping Jesus be idolatry, by your definition?

Basically, the Christian dogma was "join me because the end is nigh". All that stuff about casting off worldly possessions and wealth and jobs and going with Jesus? because the world was going to end. The whole second coming? because he was coming back any day now to usher in the new age.
Unlike Islam, which actually thought the contemporary world was going to abide, and tried to make rules about how to live.
Shitty rules, but still.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339348 - This was a reply to message #339320

Listing 81 to 90 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 7 8 9 10 11