RAGE is...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: RAGE is...

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 71 to 80 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 6 7 8 9 10
Silveran
RE: RAGE is...

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 11, 2011 6:47 AM
Just one problem with your rant:

QUOTED  she's a Satanist, the people who give Wiccans like us a bad name

Satanists don't give Wiccans a bad name. Wiccans give Wiccans a bad name. Dear, people who are think any type of witch or Neo-pagan are evil don't care what type we are. We are evil because we are not like them. Those who don't hold this view judge people or groups based on their own actions.

Besides, Satanists aren't evil, either. Just a different point of view, that's all.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #339015 - This was a reply to message #338994
Anbu_Elf

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 113

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 11, 2011 6:57 AM
What I meant by that was, some Christians who see a Pentagram, upright or upside down, always accuse of the owner to be Satanist. At least most of the ones at my old school couldn't see the difference between the two. Even though it's a free country, my school system is so stupid that kids would get ISS if they had either symbol in their possession.
 Message #339016 - This was a reply to message #339015
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 11, 2011 7:03 AM
Little off kilter here, but, anyone know what the difference between a pentagram and a pentacle is?
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #339017 - This was a reply to message #339016
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Tuesday January 11, 2011 11:55 AM
I was under the impression that a pentagram was for Satanists while the pentacle was Wiccan..... It could be that they are the same thing and the one name is just a variation in dialect.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339018 - This was a reply to message #339017
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Tuesday January 11, 2011 11:07 PM
The signs and names are much older than these new sillinesses.
I was always under the impression that a pentagram was the fivepointed star, and a pentacle was a pentagram with a circle around it. The two terms seem to be used interchangebly though. At least now. Don't know about earlier. I'll have to look up on the OED later.

You have this site, which seems to be full of shit, so I wouldn't use it for anything but a laugh.

This one, though lacking in sources, seems to be slightly better.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339027 - This was a reply to message #339018
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 12, 2011 8:09 AM
Actually, the first one is rather accurate. The sources listed can be traced to somewhat scholarly research (we are talking religion, legend, mythology, and folklore here). Answers.com is just a search engine.

Anbu-
QUOTED  What I meant by that was, some Christians who see a Pentagram, upright or upside down, always accuse of the owner to be Satanist. At least most of the ones at my old school couldn't see the difference between the two. Even though it's a free country, my school system is so stupid that kids would get ISS if they had either symbol in their possession.

That's exactly my point. Those Christians you are referring to are the same people I am referring to with this:

QUOTED  Dear, people who are think any type of witch or Neo-pagan are evil don't care what type we are.

To these people, Wiccans ARE Satanist, due to the Gospel of John chapter 3, verse 16. So are Muslims, Buddhist, Atheist, Taoist, et al. Anything not Christian, and sometimes even their version of Christian, is Satanist. Some Pentecostals think Catholics are Idolaters, and thus Satanist. So, for those people, it doesn't matter what you do, or if you are wearing a Pentagram as a Christian symbol (it has been in the past), or not. You aren't like them, thus you are evil.

Anyone who bothers to differentiate does not say Wiccans are like Satanist. But, there are plenty of Wiccans who are IDIOTS and deserving of insult. It's these that give Wicca a bad name.

Part of the problem is the mentality of Satanist = Bad. Most real modern Satanist are not evil, just very self-centered.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #339034 - This was a reply to message #339027
DragonLady

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 310

Wednesday January 12, 2011 11:40 PM
QUOTED  Part of the problem is the mentality of Satanist = Bad. Most real modern Satanist are not evil, just very self-centered.

For once I am actually going to have to agree with you on this.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
 Message #339040 - This was a reply to message #339034
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

Wednesday January 12, 2011 11:47 PM
Thus why I can't stand most Satanists. And by "most" I mean "all but one"... and for some reason I've met an alarming amount. It's basically the same as why I dislike so many Christians - nothing wrong with the dogma per se, but the believers are such bloody douchenozzles about it.

Rage is people who ruin good ideas for everyone else.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #339043 - This was a reply to message #339040
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Thursday January 13, 2011 4:26 AM
QUOTED  nothing wrong with the dogma per se

The dogma that says no matter how nice you are, if you don't believe in their particular brand of invisible sky pixies you aren't worth as much as those that do?
Or the dogma that says it's ok to be a dick?
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #339046 - This was a reply to message #339043
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Thursday February 3, 2011 1:20 PM
Rage is: This stupid fucking keyboard. I'm sck of having to g back and proofread everything four times to makes sure the keys are ctually working......... *sigh* Bleedin Virgin Mary. See what I mean?
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #339221 - This was a reply to message #339046

Listing 71 to 80 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 6 7 8 9 10