PAGES: 16 11 12 13 14 15
TheShadowlord
RE: RAGE is...

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 19, 2012 2:10 AM
See, this is why I will only watch the series (like I will read the books) when it is finished.

Rage is no episode of Young Justice this weekend, and we have to wait until next weekend to get the season finale of Avatar: the Legend of Korra.

Me hypocritical?
Never.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341020 - This was a reply to message #341017
DarkDalamar20

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,311

Tuesday June 19, 2012 3:45 AM
I've also heard that starting in Season 3, which would be Storm of Swords in novel form, they are going to split the book into two seasons. So, season 3 will be the first half of SoS and Season 4 will be the second half of SoS.
Am I a bad person doing good things...or a good person doing bad things... - Dexter
 Message #341023 - This was a reply to message #341020
Damien

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 19, 2012 4:28 AM
Because of the way the books show the same event or group of events or reactions to events pretty far apart from each other depending on whose perspective it is, I FULLY expect that events/conversations/etc from the books are going to get SEVERELY shuffled around in the coming seasons of GoT.

And yes.. Rage is April 2013. But it's also not surprised rage. Just rage rage.

Rage is that, seemingly, the new Thundercats cartoon is done due to a combination of Cartoon Network being run by morons that don't understand timeslots and kids today having the attention span of retarded goldfish.

The cracker, not the loveable fish-pet.
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #341026 - This was a reply to message #341023
TheShadowlord

Tuesday June 19, 2012 9:42 PM
They're canceling it?
Damn, that sucks. It was pretty good.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341030 - This was a reply to message #341026
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Thursday June 21, 2012 9:46 AM
They should keep making new episodes and stick it on Toonami.
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341044 - This was a reply to message #341030
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 22, 2012 4:07 AM
Hell no. Keep your reboots of bad 80's toons away from my anime!

And I'm pretty sure the lack of viewership on Thundercats came from a lack of a defined target demographic, and programming executives that don't understand reboots don't work. (Generally at least). I mean, who was supposed to be watching it? People who grew up in the 80s? They're pushing 30 (and more) now. Modern children? Sorry, but parents are paranoid these days and don't let childrens watch stuff like that.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #341056 - This was a reply to message #341044
TheShadowlord

Sunday June 24, 2012 2:38 AM
Unlike the He-man reboot, this actually seemed better than the old one. Which may be because I never saw the old Thundercats, while I did see He-man.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341059 - This was a reply to message #341056
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 14, 2012 12:25 AM
... finally finding a DM to run D&D (instead of having to be the DM all the time) and he ends up being the most retarded, power-gaming idiot you've ever met (clue #1 for your stats roll 6d6, re-rolling any 1's one time x6... for level 1 characters. Clue 2 Each of you get a random magical item at start, with no restrictions on level, as in Artifacts were possible). Clue 3 "No, you can mix lantern oil and spirits and make a Molotov cocktail, we are mid-Medieval European tech". Then later in the game "Raven (his NPC rogue) says don't worry about those guys (about 100 human pirates, CR 1/2, for a 6 person w/ NPC party). Suddenly, the beach explodes from the tons of gunpowder and kills all the pirates. Raven drops a sack at your feet, in it is (all the treasure, we didn't fight a single bad guy after a very short initial encounter)." Wait, whut?)

[[Edited by Silveran on Friday September 14, 2012 12:28 AM]]
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341258 - This was a reply to message #341059
Aeramae

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,280

Friday September 14, 2012 7:10 AM
That's no fun! Where's the fucking challenge, getting covered in enemy blood? WHERE'S THE GODDAMN CREATIVITY!?
Leader of the Amazonian Army, and fighter for the Female Initiative.

Bitchy since 1999.
 Message #341259 - This was a reply to message #341258
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 14, 2012 4:11 PM
Yeah, it was the "Raven is AWESOME" campaign. In the first night, a D&D virgin playing a human fighter rolled a critical failure on his attack roll.... and instead of deciding what happened and making it just bad, he made the guy roll damage and he killed himself. The guy wasn't powergaming, being an ass, or anything. He just killed the guy's character in the first five minutes of actual play. Guess who didn't come back? The second night we had a different newbie (my son-in-law) playing a Half-orc barbarian. One the way home, he literally said, "What the fuck was that? I know D&D isn't that bullshit." Never played before and HE knew it was bad. So, we had shit DM, basically showing off his personal character, and his wife who was playing a drunken whore... I mean, unaligned cleric. She actually started in character in a bar, talking to a cat, stripping off her clothes. BY HER OWN CHOICE! (Wife and I playing Wemics, Druid and Ranger respectively, our roommate a Warforged Sorcerer, and their roomate a Human wizard.)

It was new levels of suck.

Luckily, my roommate has decided to start a real game here at the house for my wife (Wemic Druid currently Lvl 3), daughter (Elf Sorcerer Lvl 5), son-in-law (Elf Fighter Lvl 5), and I (Wemic Ranger Lvl 3.5). He's starting off ok, but it's almost pure hack'n'slash/roll playing, but it's better. Second game had more actual role-play than first, and I expect it to get better (running some FR modules. [To explain, he started us off at ECL 4, so that made the wife and I able to take the wemics and one class level.... I just got lucky and killed a young red dragon, and two wyvrens almost single-handed by lucky attack rolls for me (three crits on the dragon, one each on the wyvrens with a Mighty Longbow), so I kinda leveled way faster than I should of been able.]
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341260 - This was a reply to message #341259

Listing 121 to 130 of 153 Replies

PAGES: 16 11 12 13 14 15