Happiness is..?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Happiness is..?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 967 Replies

PAGES: 97 3 4 5 6 7
Silveran
RE: Happiness is..?

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday August 17, 2007 6:00 AM
QUOTED  I don't mind the shoes. They scream of counter-culture, so you might find them an acquired taste.

No... they are massed produced (and still ugly). Once again the counter-culture (punk) has become the trendy and mainstream. (And they're still hideous). Taking a pair of Chuck's and drawing your own dragons on them...that could be considered counter-culture-ish.

You know, like the old-school punk style of wearing ragged out clothing held together by bits of string and safety pins. Before the Sex Pistols, the Misfits, and the Ramones making it big, it was counter-culture. Once rich-fucks could buy them at the big department stores (Macy's, Harrod's) it's just the fad.

Happiness is working hard all night in the heat, coming home to a nice cool shower and a massage from the wife....and the promise of a manicure from the kid after she gets home from school!

(Guys, don't even get a manicure. You will become addicted immediately... it's worse than crack or heroin!!!)
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #319806 - This was a reply to message #319776
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday August 17, 2007 1:42 PM
QUOTED  and I want a kitten.

Come to the states. I have seven spares...

Happiness is long conversations on the phone, since I can't stand to talk to most people.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #319808 - This was a reply to message #319806
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday August 18, 2007 6:45 AM
Happiness is the realisation, after an hour sitting in a not-quite-off-the-road car that died, going uphill, on a VERY busy road, when you had to call your hungover sister and her hungover boyfriend to come help you push said car uphill, that the car is not terminal, nor flooded, and seemed to just want a frickin REST or something.

I'm happy, I really am, that it didn't die on the motorway for which I was headed at the time, and I'm happy, I really am, that it started again, but I'd like to know why the hell it died in the first place, wouldn't start for an hour, and then just started no problem and was fine the whole way home.

But mainly I'm happy.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #319824 - This was a reply to message #319808
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday August 18, 2007 10:39 PM
QUOTED  but I'd like to know why the hell it died in the first place, wouldn't start for an hour, and then just started no problem and was fine the whole way home.

I'm leaning towards vapor locking or a thermostat problem on the car Nanuk. In either case, letting it sit was a good idea. If it's the thermostat, it'll cause overheating problems and will probably go out soon. But that's an easy fix.

Vaporlock occurs (usually during hot weather) when the gasoline begins to boil in the carburetor and makes the fuel cease to flow. The coolant level in the car, a bad thermostat, or a bad cooling fan also contribute to this problem.

Keep an eye on your engine temp, see if it's getting unusually high, and start working from there.

Happiness for me is two things today.

1. Being able to buy new tires for my father's truck. Now I don't have to worry about him sliding off the road in the snow anymore.

2. The hot water in my bathtub miraculously starting working again today. No more frigid polar bear club expeditions in the shower anymore! I feel human for the first time in many months.... I'm guessing Slimer got himself lodged in my hot water line, and after 6 months or more of not eating, finally lost enough weight to dislodge himself and let me get back to a semi-normal existance.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #319831 - This was a reply to message #319824
nanuk

Sunday August 19, 2007 3:48 AM
Thanks for the advice pudding.

Vapour lock it ain't- it's unseasonably cold and wet, lol, even had to wear my coat yesterday.

The engine temp looked fine- I always keep an eye on gauges (I've only been driving for a year so I'm paranoid about everything).

Someone else suggested the petrol could have been dirty, or something with the carburettor, but I've been told this person knows nothing about cars, lol.

The car always gets kind of chuggy when it's wet out, so I'm going to try to get some whatsit, Damptart, or something.

QUOTED  2. The hot water in my bathtub miraculously starting working again today.

Oh I don't know how you coped. There's little more relaxing than really hot water.
I still have flashbacks to the time my mum made me get into an icebath because I had a really high fever *shudders*

Happiness this morning is cocopops with ice cold milk for breakfast. Yum.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #319837 - This was a reply to message #319831
bubbles

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 201

Sunday August 19, 2007 6:47 AM
Nanuk it could be your crank sensor as if that starts going even going over a small bump will cause the car to stop working and it almost seems as if the starter motor won't turn over and then all of a sudden it can be working again.

Happiness for me is a newborn baby bird suddenly opening its eyes for the first time.
 Message #319842 - This was a reply to message #319837
nanuk

Monday August 20, 2007 1:09 AM
QUOTED  crank sensor

Note to self: find out what that is.

Oh I should really know more about cars if I'm driving them...

Happiness this morning is waking up not feeling like I want to vomit, although my stomach feels like I've been doing sit ups during the night.

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #319861 - This was a reply to message #319842
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 20, 2007 10:48 AM
Well I don't know shit about cars either, but if you're waking up vomiting... perhaps you have a bun in the oven.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #319879 - This was a reply to message #319861
nanuk

Monday August 20, 2007 4:52 PM
I will stab you in the testicles if you suggest something like that again.

I know I'm not- I take precautions. Interestingly tingly ones.

And anyway the sickness was from mayonnaise.

I feel like expanding further in a new thread seeing as how it definitely isn't happiness related..

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #319888 - This was a reply to message #319879
bubbles

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 201

Tuesday August 21, 2007 5:25 AM
QUOTED  Note to self: find out what that is.

The crank angle sensor is attached to your diff. It is a very common thing to go wrong.
 Message #319905 - This was a reply to message #319888

Listing 41 to 50 of 967 Replies

PAGES: 97 3 4 5 6 7