PAGES: 97 1 2 3 4 5
nanuk
Happiness is..?

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 29, 2007 4:11 PM
Not the big things, the major things in your life that bring you joy, but the little things.

What are the little things making you happy today, or at this moment?

A favourite song on the radio?
Beautiful weather?
A surprisingly tasty meal?
An incredible, iridescent beetle scuttling in front of you?
The smell of a new book?

Share the joy!

At this moment I am being made very happy by a new pair of shoes.
They're dark red, patent and shiny, with 3 inch almost-stiletto heels- I love being 6 ft! I think I'll wear them to the concert tomorrow to ensure a good view.

And they were on sale!
15 euro for something so delicious! Ace.

They are completely unlike shoes I normally wear- I nearly always wear flats, partly because with heels I look ridiculously tall, and partly because I've sprained/broken my ankles so many times that heels just aren't comfortable- but for this price even if I just end up wearing them around the house they'll be worth it, lol.

Have to walk like a girl in them, though- there'll be some major hip-action going on till I get the hang of them.

[[Edited by nanuk on Friday June 29, 2007 4:12 PM]]
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #317738
nanuk
RE: Happiness is..?

Saturday June 30, 2007 6:53 AM
Today happiness is painkillers, and lack-of-torrential rain (for the moment anyway) as I am about to make my way to a stupidly-open-air concert. Hurrah!
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #317764 - This was a reply to message #317738
Flark

Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek. Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Scholar
RK: 10
MP: 3,041

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday June 30, 2007 10:23 AM
Happiness for me today was eventually making a decent character on MegaTraveller on my final attempt before having to go shopping.

Happiness returned after finally getting the shopping out of the way and then chilling out by feeding the ducks, swans and cygnets at the canal. (Even though Daddy Swan did take it upon himself to peck at my leg).

Simple things indeed.
I know you said you wouldn't tolerate excuses... but I have a really good one!
 Message #317771 - This was a reply to message #317764
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 1, 2007 2:48 AM
Interesting.

I have for some reason, pictured you in my head as on the petite side, around 5'0" - 5'-5". Should have known you are a frickin Amazon

QUOTED  An incredible, iridescent beetle scuttling in front of you?

Shit.

I heard a tapping-type sound on my outside window while working my last graveyard shift. I thought it was the wind blowing the rolled up shade-blinds outside so I went to investigate as it was annoying me. I pulled back the rolled up crease part and a fucking scarab beetle the size of an oval silve dollar hissed at me, then flipped up the hardtop and unrolled its wings, and preceded to fly up in my face.

I screamed and jump back with enough conviction, i knocked over a newspaper vending machine with my buttocks.

Today's happiness came from some cute, bald-headed drooling baby that giggled at me when I started to make funny faces at it.

Tommorrow's happines will come in thinking about this all day:

QUOTED  - there'll be some major hip-action going on till I get the hang of them.

I can hear the steady drum beat and saxophone wailing already
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #317782 - This was a reply to message #317771
nanuk

Sunday July 1, 2007 8:02 AM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  - there'll be some major hip-action going on till I get the hang of them.

I can hear the steady drum beat and saxophone wailing already

You have no idea.
I have to move them so much I feel like a hockey player, lol.

QUOTED  I have for some reason, pictured you in my head as on the petite side, around 5'0" - 5'-5". Should have known you are a frickin Amazon

Wha? How?!
Although being small would make my violent streak seem cute rather than terrifying

Happiness today playing with my very wet puppy- and finally managing to get a post up for Flark's thread

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #317790 - This was a reply to message #317782
Lich_Nexus

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 1, 2007 12:49 PM
QUOTED  You have no idea.
I have to move them so much I feel like a hockey player, lol.

Wow... try to avoid knocking anybody over at the club

QUOTED  Wha? How?!
Although being small would make my violent streak seem cute rather than terrifying

I don't know... I also picture you sounding like Nicole Kidman in Far and Away. Go figure.

Actually, being small with a violent streak is more terrifying. But it's all a matter of contrast... I could still kick your butt in a fight!

Message #317799 - This was a reply to message #317790
Lich_Nexus

Sunday July 1, 2007 11:57 PM
I gave a perfect stranger a full tank of gas, which translates to a day's wages for me. I seen her truck w/ camper driving in to work in the back parking lot, with a sign soliciating charity for a tank of gas. I didn't see her, and after I started work it slipped from my mind. A few hours later she came into the station to inform me she was going leave her car to go get a can of beans for her and her dogs... she left the store then I made the connection, that she was the one stranded without gas or money to purchase.

I'm not naieve, with enough street savvy to know where the bear shits in the buckwheat. This lady looked like the type of woman my mom would befriend in church, and have tea with in her home. She had nervous desperation in her eyes, not some drug fiend trying to dupe people, but genuine need. If everyone that came into my store up to that point gave her 25 cents, she could have filled her tank and feed her and her dogs ribeye steaks for dinner. But no, here she was stranded in a town that prides itself on Christian idealogy, yet she was going to resort to sharing a cold can of beans with her dogs. I saw fucking red.

I walked out and called her over and asked if indeed she was the one stuck withot gas, she concured, so I gave her 20 bucks. I looked at the sign at the current gas prices and realized that wasn't going to acomplish much, so i gave her my last five bucks. I cannot describe the look of relief in that woman's eyes when I gave her that money, the tear which rolled down her cheek... all i knew, it was not enough.

She pulled her truck up to the gas pump, and came in and gave me back the money to exchange for gas. I pocketed the money and told her i'm going to open the pump, so she can fill it completely up, then charge it to my credit card. Again, the look in her eyes gave me pause, and I knew within my heart i was doing the right thing.

Then she thank me once again, gave me a blessing and left. I hope she gets where she needs to be.

I love my mother, and it is becuase of that love i did this act. My mother has always been proud of the way my brothers and I turned out, considering we had every rational reasoning to be fucked up human beings. And she always had solace in knowing that, and in knowing we'd always be there for her. It broke my heart that this lady might have no one, or if so, no one that cares. It also angered me that this society doesn't care either.

With each passing year I become more aware in what a fucking waste humanity is, and how cold this world is. Today I empathized with another human being, a perfect stranger and I looked that apathy in the face and defied it with a heart filled fuck you... and that made me happy.

Message #317804 - This was a reply to message #317799
Mablung_Surion

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 253

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 2, 2007 2:06 AM
For me happiness would be painkillers if i had any, my right knee cap slipped out of place over the weekend, thus i had to put more weight on my left knee which has screwed that one over, hence the now need for pain killers to make me happy.... I never thought i would be like that
 Message #317805 - This was a reply to message #317804
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

Monday July 2, 2007 10:16 AM
"Happiness is high expectations and your own bag of chips."-Dogbert

For me, happiness is the knowledge that I only have to the pick-up with two more loads of wood! Then I can stay up late on Saturdays once again! (Damn 5:30 wake-ups....make me miss my show then go and have wood chucked at me all day....)
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #317831 - This was a reply to message #317738
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Monday July 2, 2007 10:55 AM
Last night, happiness was my little boy running up to me, throwing his arms around me and saying "I'm glad you're here!" No matter how shitty my day was, he always makes me smile.

Today, happiness is the mental picture of Lich's not so petite arse bowling over a newspaper machine because of a bug. LOL
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #317835 - This was a reply to message #317831

Listing 1 to 10 of 967 Replies

PAGES: 97 1 2 3 4 5