PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 51 to 60 of 65 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7
Avenging_Angel
RE: What's for dinner?

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 10, 2013 2:34 AM
QUOTED  I cooked some really good Kässpätzle today (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4tzle)...typical Swabian food!!!

Man, I'm such a traitor to my heritage... my dad's family is hardcore German and I was raised on things like spatzle and wurst, but I hate German food. Except beer, I guess.

Tonight doing some baked ziti and garlic bread to take over to my sister who's tweaking out over midterms. Grad school + job + student teaching + four kids = officially too goddamn much on one's plate.

QUOTED  Generic vegetarian tex-mex. Some tomatoes, 3 types of beans, lots of shili and cumin, onions, a bit of garlic, paprica, etc.
And the usual trappings.

I'm such a snob when it comes to southwestern cuisine. My hometown had a huge hispanic population (it took me years to get used to not having all the signs in both english and spanish when I moved here) so I got spoiled by really good authentic Mexican food.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341749 - This was a reply to message #341743
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 12, 2013 12:12 AM
Can't really do that here. What I know is by way of my mother's family, which got it from their more southern friends (so it's gone through 70+ years of changes plus Norwegianizing)

Fried salmon with black pepper, chilli and lemon juice. brown rice, a sauteed chilli-tomato-onion mix and what is for some reason called 'American mix' over here - green peas corn kernals and diced carrots.

Damn good. The fish turned out beautifully for something I just threw together on a whim.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341753 - This was a reply to message #341749
TheShadowlord

Tuesday March 12, 2013 11:01 PM
We liked the fish so much we are having it again tonight, with some slightly different veggies on the side.
Broccoli, onion, cucumber and Romaine lettuce salad, sauteed onion and mushrooms with black pepper in sour cream, and brown rice

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341761 - This was a reply to message #341753
TheShadowlord

Thursday March 14, 2013 1:11 AM
Hamburgers.

I wanted to do Greek meatballs, but the girl wanted burgers. Burgers were good, so we'll likely do the meatballs tomorrow.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341762 - This was a reply to message #341761
TheShadowlord

Friday March 15, 2013 6:18 PM
Greek meatballs were ok. The recipe book is a bit weird. The amount of sauce the recipe called for was not enough to cover all the meatballs in the saucepan, like they wanted you to do. I ended up having to do it in 2 batches. Even cutting down on the amount of olive oil right off the bat I thought it was a bit oily.
So, all in all, a decent, thoroughly edible dinner, but not so good we'll be doing it again any time soon, if ever.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341765 - This was a reply to message #341762
TheShadowlord

Saturday March 23, 2013 3:36 AM
Chicken burgers yesterday, salmon in lemon, chili and black pepper today (and probably tomorrow).
We liked it so much the first time we did it that it was unanimous. Also, absurdly easy to do.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341775 - This was a reply to message #341765
TheShadowlord

Monday March 25, 2013 2:53 AM
Lasagna yesterday, Indian spinach and lamb today.
The recipe was a bit weird, took ages to do and even cutting down on a few oddities (I put in half the amount of water they wanted and there is still way too much), it looks weird.

Oh well, will see if it tastes good, because it looks nothing like the picture.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341778 - This was a reply to message #341775
TheShadowlord

Monday March 25, 2013 4:19 AM
Tasted good, but then I added twice the amount of spices the recipe called for. Notes to self, less oil and water, more spices.
That seems to be the general way I do things.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341779 - This was a reply to message #341778
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 28, 2013 5:09 AM
A brace of rabbit, roasted and stuffed.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #341783 - This was a reply to message #341779
TheShadowlord

Saturday March 30, 2013 2:22 PM
Shepard's pie yesterday. Damn good stuff.
Vegetable soup today.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341784 - This was a reply to message #341783

Listing 51 to 60 of 65 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7