PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5
TheShadowlord
What's for dinner?

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 10, 2012 12:31 AM
New attempt at breathing life into the place.
What's for dinner? Or any other important meal you feel like?
Doesn't have to be impressive or fancy or even good. Just share your experiences, and possibly tips.

We are trying something new: shepard's pie. We both like the traditional English meat and pie stuff, unhealthy though it is, and have decided to try this one. Using a recipe from Gordon Ramsey found here http://gordonramsaysrecipes.com/03/shepherd-pie/ (for some reason, the insert URL button doesn't work for me anymore. Anyone else having that problem?)

So far so good. Smells wonderful, and is just about to go into the oven.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340739
Avenging_Angel
RE: What's for dinner?

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday March 10, 2012 4:17 AM
Leftover massaman curry and whiskey tonight.
Good stuff.

Last big thing I made that was a project was sweet spicy mango chicken with citrus rice. I kind of cobbled it together from a bunch of different recipes; the sauce was rice vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon and mango puree with chunks of red bell pepper and chicken. Simmered together and enjoyed over lemon-zest rice, it was goddamn amazing. Went a little heavy on the red pepper flake, though, next time I think I'll lighten up a bit so I won't sear off all my taste buds. More mango next time, too, the fruity flavor was a really nice undertone with the spice.

I love me some shepherd's pie, though it's definitely a deep winter food for me; something to enjoy when it's snowy outside with some good beer. My sister makes incredible shepherd's pie that she freezes, and I swear she could use the frozen squares of it as currency in my family. What kind of meat do you use?

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Saturday March 10, 2012 4:18 AM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340740 - This was a reply to message #340739
TheShadowlord

Saturday March 10, 2012 1:46 PM
Plain old ground beef. We're thinking about using mutton next time - and this is my gf who doesn't really like mutton.
Anyway, it was damn good. We both ate too much and spent what should have been an evening roleplaying just sitting on the couch and saying what amounted to 'nothing happens'.
That mashed potato recipe was heavenly, but also the least healthy one I've vever had.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340743 - This was a reply to message #340740
TheShadowlord

Monday March 12, 2012 1:36 PM
Dinner was spinach and feta pastries, brought over by a friend for our gaming session. Actually these were leftovers from a Roman dinner party she attended the night before. Wonderful little things. They disappeared quickly. WE'll have to get the recipe.

Desert was homemade apple-cinnamon-ginger sauce, sweet-salt spice cake and ice cream.

[[Edited by TheShadowlord on Monday March 12, 2012 1:37 PM]]

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340747 - This was a reply to message #340743
Lunitari0

Ordo Nocturnus
RK: 15
MP: 9,002

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 13, 2012 7:51 PM
My dinner's (and meals in general) haven't been very interesting lately. Especially since my attendants do the actual cooking for me (for anyone that doesn't know, I now live on my own and have my own apartment in a March of Dimes Assisted Living building with 24 hour attendant care to help me with things like cooking, dressing, personal care etc. Its GREAT.)

One of my fav dishes in my vegetarian cook book (I'm slowly returning to my old Vegetarian diet now that I have my own money again and can afford it) is sort of like a casserole I guess, made a mix of different kinds of pea, kidney beans, potatoes...and something else. lol Haven't had it in awhile, and need to look it up. I really should pull out my pile of cookbooks and challenge my girls. -smiles-

My Tumblr - My Contact Information and Gaming Contact Information can be found here, as well as my Writing and Editing Commission Resume. -smiles-
 Message #340755 - This was a reply to message #340747
Avenging_Angel

Tuesday March 13, 2012 11:11 PM
So, I tried to make curry last night and I accidentally set the stove on fire.

Good times.

- Renee Vivien

Message #340758 - This was a reply to message #340755
marrs729

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,280

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday March 14, 2012 3:43 AM
I have caught the stove on fire a few times out of negligence. Not fun. Not fun at all. I wouldn't recommended it.

Having tomato florentine & tortellini w/chicken soup tonight. I'm excited for this to happen.
Answer me anything and I'll question you truthfully.
 Message #340762 - This was a reply to message #340758
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

Wednesday March 14, 2012 3:49 AM
I can honestly say I've never actually set the stove on fire. But, tonight was simple - sub sandwiches. Tomorrow, it will be pot roast. of course on Saturday, we will be having the traditional American-Irish corned beef and cabbage.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #340763 - This was a reply to message #340762
Avenging_Angel

Wednesday March 14, 2012 9:46 AM
QUOTED  I have caught the stove on fire a few times out of negligence. Not fun. Not fun at all. I wouldn't recommended it.

My apartment complex has super sensitive smoke detectors, too. It was exciting!

Tonight was grilled chicken breast slathered in my family recipe cajun seasoning. I don't think I've eaten that much meat at one time in a couple months...

- Renee Vivien

Message #340765 - This was a reply to message #340763
Nix

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 448

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 15, 2012 9:49 AM
Stove fire? No. However, the family did have something close the other night. Due to a power outage, we had to cook on our wood-stove. Enter one pot of tomato soup. Add in a call from a cousin in Texas that we don't here from often and you get strange colored smoke coming up from the basement...

Note to self and others: boiled-over tomato soup bakes onto modern wood-stoves very quickly. Meal was great despite this.
-This message brought to you by Nix, Mercenary to the Grammar Nazi regime
My gaming groups new motto: Wet the Sock! (Not as dirty as it sounds)
 Message #340768 - This was a reply to message #340758

Listing 1 to 10 of 65 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5