PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
Avenging_Angel
Male Birth Control? (NSFW-ish)

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 5, 2012 11:56 PM
Male Birth Control: New Procedure Is 100 Percent Effective, Reversible

A new birth control procedure shows promising signs of becoming another viable option for people who don't want children now, but may want them some day.
One downside -- depending on how you feel about shots -- is that it requires the man's penis to be injected with a polymer gel called Vasalgel, after a local anesthetic has been given. The substance works by breaking apart sperm.

So, what's the thought, menfolk? I think this sounds amazing. I understand some of the horror about the needledick, but under a good local you wouldn't know if they took a freaking buzzsaw to it. Also, the fact it's just one shot for ten years? And finally gives men some control/responsibility for birth control? Pretty awesome in my book.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #340862
TheShadowlord
RE: Male Birth Control? (NSFW-ish)

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 6, 2012 6:09 PM
Much though I dislike condoms (the smell really turns me off) I think I will stick to them for the moment. Easiest and probably the safest all round.
Interesting development though. Sadly, the danger is that, like other long-term contraceptives, people may think that avoiding pregnancy is enough and become less concerned with avoiding STDs.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #340863 - This was a reply to message #340862
Silveran

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium. Master Sweeper: The member that got voted as a master sweeper during a sweepsweek.

Ordo Ignis: Novice
RK: 12
MP: 5,919

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 10, 2012 1:56 AM
For me that is the same argument, for both male and female contraception. STD is just as important, and so many people forget this. Now, the idea of a male contraceptive is a good idea and I don't have to much of a problem with this method, but I know it is not going to catch on, due to the, as AA put it, "needledick". Vasectomy is less used than Tubal Ligation due to the "you're putting a needle near my penis" concern. Sometimes us men are wimps.
Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione
 Message #340869 - This was a reply to message #340863
tassanaburrfoot

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

Saturday July 28, 2012 9:45 AM
Lol! Sometimes, Silv?
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #341117 - This was a reply to message #340869
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Sunday July 29, 2012 5:07 AM
ok, often.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341123 - This was a reply to message #341117

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1