PAGES: 6 1 2 3 4 5
StoicFervor
RE: Obama to be the 44th president of the US

Ordo Aqua: Scholar
RK: 4
MP: 620

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 5, 2008 5:51 PM
QUOTED  You have to have one of the following to truly represent our brave country:

So...

Being formerly engaged to one of Australia's natural wonders doesn't count? C'mon, that'd be a pre-made scandal for the media: "Former US Marine enters politics down under after cheating on Aussie fiancee".

Which, by the way, I do still think was the biggest mistake in my life so far.

The cheating, not the engagement.

QUOTED  He's also got a friggin' huge target painted on his head -

Thank you, Ms Obvious. Reminds me though...hope he doesn't try to interfere with my right to bear arms.

QUOTED  but look on the bright side - if the Congress's efficiency over the past few years is any indication, it'll be at least three years before they can get anything done.

Good point. And the next congressional elections are in two years, so there's hope yet.

QUOTED  I think McCain made a HUGE mistake when picking Palin as his running mate, especially when one of his major gripes towards Obama was lack of experience.

My personal fave was the concern over McCain's age/health, and then Biden (only six years younger) is picked for veep. There went arguements for both sides.
'Sic vis pacem para bellum'

Sometimes I aim to please, other times I shoot to kill.

"Enemies are the price of honour."

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Honesty might be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.
 Message #329955 - This was a reply to message #329948
SisqAlpha

Ordo Aqua: Savant
RK: 5
MP: 953

Wednesday November 5, 2008 6:08 PM
QUOTED  was forced endure some white-trash redneck spouting off nigger this and nigger that.

Be glad you weren't in my house last night. Dad was quite.... colorful to say the least.

QUOTED  hope he doesn't try to interfere with my right to bear arms.

You come for my guns or my fucking pocketbook, and we're going to have SEVERE problems.
"Tuna and bread. Tuna and bread."-----

"Fuck tuna and bread. Star Trek is on."
-------------------------------------------------
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." ~George S. Patton
 Message #329960 - This was a reply to message #329955
StoicFervor

MP: 620

Wednesday November 5, 2008 6:13 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  was forced endure some white-trash redneck spouting off nigger this and nigger that.

Be glad you weren't in my house last night. Dad was quite.... colorful

Nice pun. Intentional?

QUOTED  You come for my guns or my fucking pocketbook, and we're going to have SEVERE problems.

Well, how quickly would I be red-flagged if I went on record stating that if he wants my guns, he can come and get them, bullets first?
'Sic vis pacem para bellum'

Sometimes I aim to please, other times I shoot to kill.

"Enemies are the price of honour."

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Honesty might be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.
 Message #329962 - This was a reply to message #329960
Garnet

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 150

Wednesday November 5, 2008 6:42 PM
I was more than happy to hear that Obama was the next president.

My stepmother voted last night for him, so it was more or less and proud moment for us. I didn't get to vote since my American citizenship hasn't gone through yet, so I was a just a little disappointed that I couldn't be a part of the whole "history in the making" thing. I guess I'll just have to settle for being a Canadian-almost-American

My dad's a republican, but funny enough he didn't vote for McCain... Well, the only reason he didn't vote for republican was because of Palin, and of course my dad being as expressive as he is, he didn't vote for Obama either.

I'm just glad that Obama was able to overcome the obstacles and make it into the White house against all odds. But then again, Obama seemed to be the "Lesser of Two Evils", or so my boyfriend says.

I think Obama will help to clean up Washington, even if it only ends in him getting the economy back on track. Of course, all those promises he made will be pushed to the bottom of the "Things To Do List" until the next election, so we'll just end up waiting like we have been even before the 2008 election.

I don't know too much about American politics, so all I could really say is that I just hope that Obama doesn't fuck up America more than Bush already has.

But then again, is that even possible?

~*Ich leibe dich. <3 *~

Message #329963 - This was a reply to message #329930
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 5, 2008 6:49 PM
QUOTED  Be glad you weren't in my house last night. Dad was quite.... colorful to say the least.

I'm sure the string of sentances are still hanging in outer-space...
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #329964 - This was a reply to message #329960
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 6, 2008 3:01 AM
QUOTED  the record amounts of money Obama poured into buying the presidency

I don't think you can get at Obama for this. that's how the presidency has been won for years now.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #329973 - This was a reply to message #329946
tassanaburrfoot

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,976

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 6, 2008 9:17 AM
I wish people will stop saying Obama is black. Obama is NOT black. He's half black, half white. He's a fucking mixed breed like just about every other person in America.

That said, I didn't like either candidate, so I had voted for Nader. I was shocked my candidate didn't win...
Slytherin Pride

W.W.D.D.

You are never too young to die nor too old to live. ~Me!

"Infinity is hard to grasp when I'm born destined to die." ~Lich-Nexus

"Hope is the dream of a waking man." ~Aristotle
 Message #329987 - This was a reply to message #329973
klouie49

Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,851

Thursday November 6, 2008 10:48 AM
QUOTED  You come for my guns or my fucking pocketbook, and we're going to have SEVERE problems.

I honestly believe that taxes will be raised for everyone. I would find this true even if McCain won as well. Why? America cannot afford to have universal healthcare, economic stimulus packages, a huge debt, two wars, and a financial bailout package AND have a global credit squeeze. It's (for simplicity's sake) true the global markets somehow managed to fabricate credit out of nowhere these past few years (and maybe even longer) but those days are gone, gone, gone.

Look on the bright side however. Your gun concerns are at the bottom of the list, you can hang on to them for at least a little while longer.

As for me, I'm glad to see the more competent man won. In my eyes, McCain is mentally too slow to face America's new challenges. He's not savvy with technology, he doesn't have a graduate degree, and he is a self-professed novice with economics. He's a decent man, I'm sure - and a champion of doing what's best for America (i.e. "maverick") but I sincerely doubt he could sit in the oval office and be bombarded with information and quickly sift through it all. Obama, all other issues aside, can at least digest a large amount of new information and is "up to date" with what many of the younger generation feel is commonplace.

So be happy for America, the better man did win. If you wanted a Republican in office you should've had Romney or Bloomberg at the helm. Or at the very least the VP choice.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
 Message #329989 - This was a reply to message #329987
ZombieKiller13

MP: 790

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 6, 2008 12:14 PM
QUOTED  That said, I didn't like either candidate, so I had voted for Nader. I was shocked my candidate didn't win...

Yay me too! I was a Ron Paul supporter but since you can't do write-in votes in federal elections in Virginia I voted Nader.
There's no use crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. = Still Alive - GLaDOS - Portal

If he gets up we'll all get up! It'll be anarchy! - Bender - The Breakfast Club

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
 Message #329990 - This was a reply to message #329989
Airiana

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,628

Thursday November 6, 2008 4:34 PM
QUOTED Avenging_Angel says:
I'm a pretty happy fence-sitter

Sorry.... I saw this pic and immediately thought of this thread, so I had to post it.

[[Edited by Silveran on Monday November 10, 2008 9:36 AM]]
Serenity isn't freedom from the storm, but peace within the storm.

Avatar created by Amanda "Drak" Diaz for Airiana
 Message #330000 - This was a reply to message #329936

Listing 11 to 20 of 53 Replies

PAGES: 6 1 2 3 4 5