nanuk
RE: What comic are you reading now?

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 5, 2008 5:49 PM
Secret Invasion #3- argh! ARGH, I say!

Stop watching Lost for writing inspiration and give me some bloody answers! ARGH!

Love the cover, though;

Also (new) Invincible Iron Man #2- ARGH again, mainly to the ending. This is why I hate reading monthly!

Although it had Thor in it, briefly (being bastardy, poor Tony), so that at least was made of win.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #326422 - This was a reply to message #325502
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 5, 2008 7:08 PM
Just finished 1602: The Fantastick Four issues 1-5. Disappointment doesn't fully cover it.

The plot was lame, the pacing poor, the characterization felt like they wrote it off of a character sheet for each of the Four, the ending anti-climatic, and the art was downright painful. How do some of these artists get hired, for god's sake?!

Gah.

QUOTED  Managed to download 1602: The New World. Wish I hadn't bothered, very disappointing.

Damnit. I was hoping for that one to be good, as I really want to see an Elizabethan take on Tony. I'm assuming that this means it's not worth spending money on?

[[Edited by Avenging_Angel on Thursday June 5, 2008 8:06 PM]]
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #326424 - This was a reply to message #326422
nanuk

Friday June 6, 2008 4:03 AM
QUOTED  I'm assuming that this means it's not worth spending money on?

...yeah. Sigh. It pains me to say it but you'd probably just end up being annoyed. I'd say it's worth reading just for completeness, but you can probably just read the wiki article for the same effect.

QUOTED  Elizabethan take on Tony.

Not explored enough! Had the potential to be really interesting, and he's supposed to be one of the main characters in it and barely says anything- and parts of what he does say are in untranslated Spanish, which I don't speak, lol.

I quite liked Gaiman's The Eternals, but thanks to my 1602 experience I probably won't pick up the next volume, not written by him, for fear of the same disappointment.

Sigh.

Just read the Wolverine one-shot Dangerous Games to cheer myself up- it was quite good, quite 'classic' looking in how he was drawn. It was two stories, Tally-Ho, set in the Louisiana Swamps, and Purity, set in Thailand.

Tally-Ho was my favourite of the two- the storyline wasn't exactly original, but it's worth it for the vision of Logan in a big fox costume, screaming "RAAGHH! REVENGE!" at terrified fox hunters. I nearly choked laughing.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #326432 - This was a reply to message #326424
nanuk

Tuesday June 10, 2008 11:01 AM
Currently about a third of the way through Captain America, volume 5.

He was never a character I was particularly fond of, what with his often overbearing righteousness and all, but I'm really liking how Brubaker (one of my favourite writers anyway) is writing him. He's making him far more human- more troubled, brooding, a bit more like regular people.

And darn but I love the Winter Soldier storyline!

I knew how it would 'end', but even knowing it was still interesting to read, and quite poignant.

The colouring on the book is excellent, really fitting the tone, and giving the kind of classic look that's quite appropriate to the character.

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #326472 - This was a reply to message #326432
TheShadowlord

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

Tuesday June 10, 2008 11:50 PM
Hellblazer: Damnation's Flame

Read it before, but it's still good.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #326483 - This was a reply to message #326472
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday June 11, 2008 9:12 AM
Currently reading Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I'm not generally big on comic memoirs, but this one has such a quirky sense of humor that it manages to pull it off.

QUOTED  ...yeah. Sigh. It pains me to say it but you'd probably just end up being annoyed. I'd say it's worth reading just for completeness, but you can probably just read the wiki article for the same effect.

Damn.

QUOTED  Not explored enough! Had the potential to be really interesting, and he's supposed to be one of the main characters in it and barely says anything- and parts of what he does say are in untranslated Spanish, which I don't speak, lol.

Goddamnit.

Okay, that settles it. We're going to have to issue a call to arms for all disgruntled 1602 lovers and kidnap Gaiman from working on the Coraline movie or whatever he's doing these days, and make him do another (preferably longer)1602 series.

Unless he's finally working on that sequel to Neverwhere, that is.

I can dream!
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #326486 - This was a reply to message #326432
nanuk

Thursday June 12, 2008 8:46 AM
QUOTED  We're going to have to issue a call to arms for all disgruntled 1602 lovers and kidnap Gaiman from working on the Coraline movie or whatever he's doing these days

I am so with you, sister! To arms!

QUOTED  and make him do another (preferably longer)1602 series.

amongst other things...

QUOTED  I can dream!

I'm with you on that, too- it's a shared dream.

Reading a Wolverine and Captain America miniseries. Meh, I say. There should be friction bwtween them but they've had hardly any panels together. Ms. Marvel is tagging along for some reason, but Cap is irritatingly patronising with her- at one point he grabs her by her non-existent collar and yanks her back, at another he grabs her around the waist and off her feet to pull her and a semi-conscious Wolverine out of the way, as if she were't a near-invulnerable-energy-absorbing super woman.

Pah.

Don't like Derenick's art- his default setting for faces seems to be mouth-agape shock. Don't like Jones' dialogue (Cap- "I used to hear screams like that all the time-- -- during World War II. It's a DEATH CRY!" "You're not dying on my today, soldier! Come on, LIVE!"), the colouring is very old fashioned and flat, and even the lettering is a touch irritating. Sigh.

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #326499 - This was a reply to message #326486
nanuk

Saturday June 14, 2008 9:35 AM
Just read the most recent Captain Marvels, from the civil War return issue up to the current Secret Invasion related ones.

Quite good, nice art and colours, with lovely use of Clarles le Brun's 'Alexander in Babylon', interesting premise, nice characterisation of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Sante, and gives some nice extra bits of info on SI to clarify a few things. A few nice scenes with Ms. Marvel and Tony but, despite the rationale for why they didn't go hang out with Marv I would have liked to see a few more.

"Colon Explorer?"

Message #326515 - This was a reply to message #326499
Kitos_Tallaran

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 23

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday June 15, 2008 4:34 PM
Just finished:

- Fantastic Four 556 +557
- Ultimate Fantastic Four 53 + 54
- Ultimate Spiderman 220 - 222
- Avengers Invaders 1 + 2
 Message #326544 - This was a reply to message #326515
marrs729

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Terra: Novice
RK: 6
MP: 1,280

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 17, 2008 9:30 AM
Tony better be not a skrull.
Answer me anything and I'll question you truthfully.
 Message #326589 - This was a reply to message #326544

Listing 41 to 50 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 3 4 5 6 7