Discussions in Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
Moderated By administrator

Forums
RPGC Lifestyle
Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
Your awesome family
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Your awesome family

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
TheShadowlord
Your awesome family

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,202

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 29, 2012 5:18 AM
Just a quick thread to honor those of your family that you admire and respect.
I could choose just about anyone, fortunate as I am, but I'll start off with my uncle David.

He's the second husband of my mother's elder sister. When my sister and I first met him, we felt he tried too hard to be family and familiar. He was a stranger and we would have appreciated a slightly more reserved approach. However, we soon warmed up to him.
He's a great guy. He's always in a good mood, he always has some interesting local history to tell, or history in various fields, especially medicine. He and my aunt spend a lot of time in Kazakhstan, working as a doctor and educator respectively, with the Peace Corps. He is always game to try something new, will swim outside in just about any weather, and is always ready to lend a hand.
Most recently, during the big family reunion for my grandmother's 90th birthday, he took all the kids (being the grandchildren from the age of 16 up to 32, plus their significant others) to a local place for a round of laser tag. At 70, he was running around and shooting with as much enjoyment and abandon as the rest of us and was the biggest advocate to go back and do it again, getting a couple of his more staid (and younger) brothers in law to join in the fun.
"Quite a bit more fun than real bullets," he commented.
I feel happy...I feel happy!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341125
TheShadowlord
RE: Your awesome family

Monday August 13, 2012 3:55 PM
Just a quick note in honor of my cousin Carolyn. Sure we hadn't seen her for 10 years, but she obviously knew her family. When a group of us were going out for the evening and I suggested going to the library, she just said "I think they're closed now" rather than expressing disbelief at the idea I might want to go to a library at 10 pm instead of going out and drinking.
Of course I was suggesting "the Library", a bar in LaCrosse which was not nearly as fun as the title promised.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341179 - This was a reply to message #341125
TheShadowlord

Saturday August 18, 2012 6:36 PM
A quick note of envy. Carolyn is at Gencon. She doesn't like it (feels she sticks out like a sore thumb) but is there because of work (I'm not quite sure what the work is, but it involves a lot of travel). Life isn't fair.

- Stephen Roberts
 Message #341196 - This was a reply to message #341179
Avenging_Angel

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,290

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 19, 2012 8:45 PM
I'm the black sheep of my family, so this doesn't really work for me.

Last time I had one of these moments was when my little nephew got in trouble at kindergarten for coloring all the disney princesses to look like zombies. Never been so proud.
Everywhere I go I repeat: I do not belong here.

Who will bring me hemlock in their own hands?
- Renee Vivien

Reality is an illusion that occurs with a lack of alcohol.
 Message #341201 - This was a reply to message #341196

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1