Discussions in Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
Moderated By administrator

Forums
RPGC Lifestyle
Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
RPG Consortium Lonely Hearts Club
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: RPG Consortium Lonely Hearts Club

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 51 to 60 of 101 Replies

PAGES: 11 4 5 6 7 8
Lich_Nexus
RE: RPG Consortium Lonely Hearts Club

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday September 6, 2008 3:07 PM
QUOTED  Is that where you tie up the hunky neighbour guy and do unspeakable things to him, all of which are sexual?

UB would probably answer that question better. He watches professional wrestling... religiously!

QUOTED  Seriously, my idea of male-bonding is more along the lines of working on the car, fixing a roof, going fishing, camping and the likes, not insulting one another. Hell we get enough of that from our siblings, why do we need it from our friends?

Same here, but my cronies and I have developed smack-talking to a fine art. That's the thing about friends, you know where the line is between good natured chiding and a straight out insult... plus we're getting to old to puch each other.

My three older brothers however know better, as I'll always fuck them up verbally. The one just before me never learns. I fucked him up last Thanksgiving. He's in the Navy, so I imagine you could imagine all the avenues a politically incorrect savage such as myself might traverse.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #328942 - This was a reply to message #328941
Antifreeze

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 34

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday September 7, 2008 10:28 AM
QUOTED  UB would probably answer that question better. He watches professional wrestling... religiously!

ROFL, Sweaty men grappling one another while wearing nothing but speedos... can we say latent homosexuality?!?!

QUOTED  Same here, but my cronies and I have developed smack-talking to a fine art. That's the thing about friends, you know where the line is between good natured chiding and a straight out insult... plus we're getting to old to puch each other.

heh, bruise easily huh?

QUOTED  My three older brothers however know better, as I'll always fuck them up verbally. The one just before me never learns. I fucked him up last Thanksgiving. He's in the Navy, so I imagine you could imagine all the avenues a politically incorrect savage such as myself might traverse.

Yeah, I can imagine... first one that popped in my mind was ... "Swab any dic.. er decks lately?"
"Humanity has gone way down hill... We started out as hunter gatherers, and somewhere along the line, morphed into murderous pack rats."... - Myself
 Message #328961 - This was a reply to message #328942
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 8, 2008 2:08 AM
QUOTED  ROFL, Sweaty men grappling one another while wearing nothing but speedos... can we say latent homosexuality?!?!

Exactly... though I must admit a strange obsession with Hugh Jackman chick-flicks.

QUOTED  heh, bruise easily huh?

Not that. Example:

In 1988 I went to a Slayer concert, fought my way to the front, and moshed for an hour... then partied the next night with as much vim and vigor. In 2004 I jumped in during Angel of Death to show the youngin's how it was done... i was sore for a week.

QUOTED  Yeah, I can imagine... first one that popped in my mind was ... "Swab any dic.. er decks lately?"

That and Dirty Dancing in dungerees to the Village People on the flight deck in the middle of the Atlantic.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #328994 - This was a reply to message #328961
Antifreeze

Initiare
MP: 34

Wednesday September 10, 2008 1:46 PM
QUOTED  . i was sore for a week.

Ahh getting fragile in your old age ;-) Understood... You know what the definition of old is right? ... Taking all night just to do what you used to do all night.

QUOTED  Exactly... though I must admit a strange obsession with Hugh Jackman chick-flicks.

I'm ashamed to admit, I actually giggled like a girl when I read that.. My guilty pleasure is watching Jason Statham flicks, or if I'm really desperate for a cheesy action flick Olivier Gruner

QUOTED  That and Dirty Dancing in dungerees to the Village People on the flight deck in the middle of the Atlantic.

ROFL! Speaking of YMCA
"Humanity has gone way down hill... We started out as hunter gatherers, and somewhere along the line, morphed into murderous pack rats."... - Myself
 Message #329063 - This was a reply to message #328994
anbuanimagus

Initiare
MP: 49

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 7, 2009 12:00 AM
Well, I haven't read the whole discussion, but I have read from beginning to middle and the very end, and wow did the subjects change! i might have missed alot in between, but I'd still like to say my 2 cents on the subject. Girls like nice guys who can look them in the eye and actually ask them out, someone who's shy but can rise to the occasion, and I don't mean that sexually.

I recall someone saying something like "If someone asks you out by saying, 'ummm would you like to hang out... or go out with me sometime?' while looking at your feet, honestly what would you say?" i'd quote that, but it was too far back to show up in the original message. Anyway, my advice is, if you're too scared of a rejection, like me, either wait for them to ask you, do some sly trick like the fake yawn, stretch the arm, and drop it around her shoulders, pass her a note when you don't have much time to talk, call her, or think to yourself "I will ask her out today, I will." It helps bring your confidence up. I'm a shy girl, and very indecisive. I like guys who will help me make decisions, but won't be a total dick about it adn trying to make questions for him to answer for me if you get my drift.

Anyways, everything happens for a reason... I can still say that after being single for over a year and still missing a guy I went out with two years ago. I want to talk to him, and prefer to do it in person, but everytime I tell myself I'm going to talk to him today, something happens that I can't. I've made a lot of bad choices between then and now, like going out with the wrong guys, and going out with guys so I won't be alone. I'm tired of breaking hearts, and I want to talk to this ex and explain what happened... It's all been a misunderstanding, and I know that I'll keep wondering what could've been if I don't talk to him soon. I'm a senior, so time is running out fast! I don't know, maybe it's not meant to be, but I can't stand not knowing. *sighs*

One more thing, where I live, all the hot guys are pricks, and all of the nice guys usually have hidden agendas and just know all of the right things to say. Bugger!

sorry typo

[[Edited by anbuanimagus on Monday September 7, 2009 12:02 AM]]
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #334567 - This was a reply to message #329063
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 8:57 AM
QUOTED  and wow did the subjects change!

That is definitely something you should get used to here, lol.

QUOTED  Girls like nice guys who can look them in the eye and actually ask them out, someone who's shy but can rise to the occasion, and I don't mean that sexually.

Yay, sweeping statements! I love being told what I like in a man. It makes things so much easier

QUOTED  I'm a senior, so time is running out fast! I don't know, maybe it's not meant to be, but I can't stand not knowing.

Then say something him. Look at it objectively: if you talk to him, what's the absolute worst thing that can happen? Then weigh that up against the agony of not knowing, and decide which you can live with most easily.

If the very worst happens, say... I don't know, you end up rowing and he doesn't want to talk to you again; bummer, but at least you don't have to waste any more time worrying about it. With the added bonus of knowing that if he could get peeved so easily it probably wouldn't have lasted too long, anyway.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #334623 - This was a reply to message #334567
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Tuesday September 8, 2009 11:56 AM
Sweeping statements are safe in some situations. You tell me,l do you like a guy who won't look you in the eye or stand up for himself or anyone? Let alone stand up for you? All of the girls I went out with left me because I was that awkward shy guy. It wasn't until I started being a little confident that those relationships started to last. Now I have been dating the same girl for like almost six years. My advice; take chances, be confident, and be willing to bend your expectations a little. Relationships are a give and take thing, eventually you will grow to love the person not in spite of their quirks but for their quirks.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334631 - This was a reply to message #334623
nanuk

Ordo Terra: Savant
RK: 8
MP: 2,373

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 2:03 PM
QUOTED  Sweeping statements are safe in some situations.

Rarely.
you're as likely to irritate/offend someone as make a valid point. Throw in a 'most', 'many' or 'lots' and you're safe.

QUOTED  You tell me,l do you like a guy who won't look you in the eye or stand up for himself or anyone?

She didn't stay won't stand up for himself/anyone/'you'. Just can't look you in the eye to ask you out. And speaking as someone not in possession of a Y chromosome a lot of us (see? No sweeping statement) find that kind of shy endearing. Doesn't meant you don't like a guy with confidence but anyone who's not an idiot isn't going to discount someone just because they're shy.
"Just imagine the headlines 'Howard Moon, Colon, Explorer'. Got a ring to that don't it?"

"Colon Explorer?"

"You know what I'm saying."
 Message #334647 - This was a reply to message #334631
anbuanimagus

Initiare
MP: 49

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 8, 2009 2:22 PM
Okay, okay, okay! Point taken. I'll watch how I word things from now on... Sorry if I offended anyone
[IMG]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/Sasha23_23/wolflyingdown.jpg[/IMG]
 Message #334653 - This was a reply to message #334647
AnimusAniKorSaxcian

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 488

Tuesday September 8, 2009 9:42 PM
Not discount, but if they can't over come their shy elusive attitude with you, than they themselves are never going to truly be able to open up to you. I am not trying to say that you need a big frat boy dick who is in love with himself, only someone who is comfortable with themselves and able to share their own feelings and beliefs with others. Truthfulness is, no matter how much of a sweeping statement you may believe this to be, is key and necessary to any relationship. From a friendship to a romantic entanglement, if one cannot be truthful to the other involved, the relationship will inevitably fail. This said, the approaches willingness to have confidence on that first meeting does, in most cases, decide a persons attitude toward the other until proven otherwise. So make an effort to make a good first impression; make an effort to be yourself confidently.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"Nor would I, were I given the full rights of an Englishman. But to call me one without those rights is like calling an ox a bull. He's thankful for the honor, but he'd much rather have restored what's rightfully his."- Ben Franklin in 1776
 Message #334670 - This was a reply to message #334653

Listing 51 to 60 of 101 Replies

PAGES: 11 4 5 6 7 8