Discussions in Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
Moderated By administrator

Forums
RPGC Lifestyle
Relationships (Love, Friendship and Family)
The Mystery of Love
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: The Mystery of Love

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 30 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
Orion
RE: The Mystery of Love

Ordo Aqua: Novice
RK: 3
MP: 564

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 12, 2006 5:02 AM
Love can never really be defined just because it is such a complicated emotion, true love xan only be defined, at least I believe, by the two people who feel this emotion. True love is so powerful, it cannot be described in words, just felt passionatly between two people who love each other, and are willing to give each other's lives for the other.
The hardest questions we ask, are the only ones we can answer~Orion

MySpace Url: For those who wish to know--http://www.myspace.com/elchupacabrakid89
 Message #291088 - This was a reply to message #290689
sillysica

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 186

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 13, 2006 12:37 AM
QUOTED  Love can never really be defined just because it is such a complicated emotion

Yet for such a complicated emotion it is so easy to see, simple to feel, and fast to be present in a relationship. Its funny isnt it? How love isnt really complicated but when one trieds to explain it, its unexplainable?
Live for the day and if the day doesn't come, don't leave knowing there was something else you could have done.
 Message #291125 - This was a reply to message #291088
Damien

Contributor: Silver: This member has donated up to $50 to the RPG Consortium. Sweepsweek 3rd Place: Member has won 3rd place in a RPGC Sweepsweek.

Ordo Lucidus
RK: 16
MP: 10,266

Monday February 13, 2006 12:21 PM
QUOTED  Yet for such a complicated emotion it is so easy to see, simple to feel, and fast to be present in a relationship. Its funny isnt it? How love isnt really complicated but when one trieds to explain it, its unexplainable?

That makes no sense.

The theory of relativity is pretty complicated - but obviously present, simple see and feel. Complexity of a thing does not directly relate to our ability to intrinsically understand it, even if we cannot explain it.
American by birth. Anti-Christ by choice.
"My god has a bigger dick than your god."

"Tolerance is the policy of those men who no longer believe in anything."
 Message #291144 - This was a reply to message #291125
ingom

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 2

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 20, 2007 2:16 PM
QUOTED  Sometimes, I wonder if someone can give love if they don't really know how to receive it.

QUOTED  More importantly, you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

How can you expect anyone else to love you if you don't love yourself. You know yourself more than anyone else.

I love to read and I have read some books that turned out to besappy love novels although purely by accident I assure you. However, I think the best incite into love that I have ever found was in Mitch Alboms Tuesday's With Morrie ( it was one of Morrie's aphorisms). "We must love each other or perish." I take this to mean that love is necessary for life, and I believe that because love creates acceptance and a sense of worth that it is neccessay for life
In the same sociology class where I learned of Morrie we learned of different theories on how people come to be the way they are. I personally believe that a person learns behavior from their environment and those in it. This causes me to believe that a peson must love to be loved because we have to be taught somewhere. Right?
 Message #308310 - This was a reply to message #287348
Unbeliever

Ordo Aer: Novice
RK: 9
MP: 2,514

RPGC MAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 20, 2007 8:47 PM
Man... I forgot about this thread. This was where I got my 100th point to get into the Membrum ranks. I remember because I wanted to be all deep and philosophical and stuff.

Anyway, I've been basically alone for right around two years now, and in that time I've really come to terms with what being alone entails. It's a really liberating thing, a sort of freedom that can't be realized in any sort of relationship. But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

And I just want to reiterate my belief that love is utterly spectacular.
2011 was way more apocalypsey than 2012.
 Message #308313 - This was a reply to message #308310
Namiko

Membrum
RK: 2
MP: 163

Monday January 22, 2007 2:29 PM
Love is the most difficult emotion to define. Unlike other emotions love is not easy to handle, emotions run and is hard to control. Also, there are too many levels to love, family love, love for a friend, a pet, material things, and love for a significant other. Who can control love in the end? No one, no one has a control over who they fall in love with or who falls in love with them. So, love is the most incredible feeling and yet very confusing but everyone has to learn to live with it.
Ame-me, odeie-me, seu todo o mesmo a mim na extremidade. Eu gostaria se os povos fossem agradáveis a mim desde que eu sou agradável a eles.
 Message #308355 - This was a reply to message #308313
teutonicknight

Ordo Terra: Scholar
RK: 7
MP: 1,567

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 22, 2007 6:19 PM
Love. What is love, but to be loved? Can you be loved without first giving love? Does one need love to give love? Ah, the conundrome of love.

Possibly the most important part of it is to love yourself. That is something that I have to work on.
If I went around claiming I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

Commander in the Glitterqueens and General of the mighty Puchuu army!

Der Comicstein!
 Message #308376 - This was a reply to message #308355
Novaximus

Contributor: Gold: This member has donated over $50 to the RPG Consortium.

Ordo Ignis: Scholar
RK: 13
MP: 6,622

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 25, 2007 11:33 AM
QUOTED  Also, there are too many levels to love

Ergo Love is too general of a term. I define it as: having a strong attachment towards something.

It's an emotion. Emotions are inborn behaviors; not a product of nurture or environment. In fact I'd say it's one of the few things that exist which can't actually be taught which is why individual morals vary depending on the person.

[[Edited by Novaximus on Thursday January 25, 2007 11:34 AM]]
± Sometimes to become great one must become small ±
 Message #308507 - This was a reply to message #308376
Darkesia

Initiare
RK: 1
MP: 1

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 9, 2007 7:04 PM
[Quoted]real love; which is a combination of friendship, loyalty and intellectual interest, with a side dish of wildy salty lust thrown in too keep things from becoming blandly Platonic.[/Quoted]

The above is as close as anything could possible come to the love shared between long term mates, IMHO. And, as it turns out, I've got a bit of experience in the long term mates area.

I couldn't even begin to try to describe the bond between a parent and child. It's the strongest force in the universe, well, in *my* universe.

Edit: Hmmm Looks like I am unfamiliar with the code for this board.

[[Edited by Darkesia on Friday March 9, 2007 7:05 PM]]
 Message #310588 - This was a reply to message #308507
Lich_Nexus

Ordo Ignis: Savant
RK: 14
MP: 7,037

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VISIT USER HOMEPAGE VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 9, 2007 7:12 PM
QUOTED  I couldn't even begin to try to describe the bond between a parent and child. It's the strongest force in the universe, well, in *my* universe.

It's more than that too, it's a bond of blood. I've felt instant love uupon first holding once of my nieces... can't be sure though as I'm no parent.

QUOTED  Edit: Hmmm Looks like I am unfamiliar with the code for this board.

I don't know for sure, but maybe you have to capatalize QUOTED... not sure, whoever the more common is to just highlight what you want to quote, and click the
Quote Highlighted Text option under the previos text window.
Pierced from below, souls of my trecherous past
Betrayed by many, now ornaments dripping above

The Classical Greeks were not influenced by the Classical Greeks!
 Message #310592 - This was a reply to message #310588

Listing 21 to 30 of 30 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3